“Another Wizz Delay”
Review of Wizz Air

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Not sure if it’s Wizz Air causing Luton airport to be the worst airport in the UK for delays.... or Luton airport causing Wizz Air flights to be continuously delayed!!!
Either way, probably best to steer clear of Wizz Air until they have resolved their flight departure times to accurately reflect the actual time they are leaving!
Let’s hope the customer service situation improves too and the staff manage a smile now and again!

Write a ReviewReviews (9,489)

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I picked Wizz Air due to the low cost and flight availability. I wasn’t able to check in at the Gdańsk airport via their app (although the app based check in worked fine in London). The young guy at the counter refused to check me in, then send me to their service desk. The service desk lady was super slow, had issues with the computer then charged me the $50 ‘check in’ fee. This felt like a penalty for their fault but these guys will not reason with anyone. So the cost of the ticket doubled. I also saw their harsh treatment of a guy who just before boarding the plane (mind you he already went through at least 3 screenings including security), was refused to board because he lacked a stamp on his boarding pass. His boarding pass was... electronic. How the hell do you stamp a phone? They called their manager via the intercom stopping the line with all passengers. Their customer service is young, rude and not well trained. Low cost means no frills not I will treat you like crap. These guys suck although they delivered me to my destination. Next time I will look for another airline.

1  Thank Bartosz B
Reviewed 30 May 2018

I recently purchased very cheap tickets with Wizz Air for me and my girlfriend for a flight from Varna to Sofia. The purchasing experience online was fine. The price was the best available. In fact the tickets were so inexpensive that I bought an additional travel protection (which I hardly ever do), protecting against unwanted luggage fees.

Unfortunately, when we arrived at Varna airport and went to the Wizz Air counter to check-in, were informed that there was an additional 35 EUR fee for each of us, because we did not check in online three hours before departure. I paid it, miffed, as we were already there with luggage, ready to go.

Later, I tried to find the rule on my E-ticket, and discovered it only after searching the website several clicks in from the E-ticket. It's not easy to find, and it's downright bad business to stick someone with fees that essentially double the price of the so-called "bargain" airline. Watch out! To avoid this fee you must check in online three hours before departure!

There was no food or beverage service, which is not so surprising as the flight was only about fifty minutes. The flight attendants were somewhat robotic, if not rude. I'd recommend paying a bit more for a ticket if you want a better experience.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

The process of booking the flight online and collecting boarding passes was excellent. You can only travel with one piece of small hand luggage (15kgs) this too was not an issue. Fast track service through Luton airport onto the flight.

From London to Cluj we had no issues or concerns.

Coming home things did not go as smoothly. Confirming the return flight and boarding passes 48 hours before departure was no issue. The Problem came at the gate with both Wizz Air and Airport staff not informing us of the delays.

Left in crowded departure lounge without adequate seating and then once processed left on the tarmac as the airport only had 2 drivers to drive passengers to flights.

The plane itself is cramped but comfortable. it was clean and just like all cheap airlines you have to pay for everything you consume. Have money to buy refreshments.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We didn't have have any problems with Wizz Air the staff were friendly and polite they offered the usual duty free on the plane, the only downside to the whole experience was the lady at the check-in in Bucharest on our return journey was rather rude to my partner but apart from that all fine

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)