“Best flight ever”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 19 January 2021

I recently flew on Virgin airline and I was pleasantly surprised by the service given to me and my wife. Everything was perfect from the moment we stepped on the plane till we left. From now I will only fly with virgin Atlantic and I highly recommend it to everyone around me.

Date of travel: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (15,178)

Reviewed 17 January 2021

Return trip from ANU to LHR via Barbados in Premium on board Birthday Girl, 787-9 Excellent check in experience at ANU, just a shame the Lounge wasnt open. On board we settled into 25A & C which is the last row of Premium and IMO the best seats as you can recline fully without having to worry about others.
It was an hour between ANU and BGI and the Cabin Crew came round with a pack of crisps and a bottle of water. After more people boarded at BGI we took off late at night and dinner was served.
The meal size and quality was a lot better than the Economy journey out although no salad was available. My partner who is gluten free was pleased as she got her meal the same time as everyone else and so could have a drink with it. Wonderwall was available for mid flight snacks although because of the late take off time (22.00 hrs) we just wanted to sleep once we had eaten.
The leather chairs are very comfortable and again the entertainment system is of high quality. We took a very direct routing back which helped to make up for the delay and it was literally 7 hrs from BGI which i thought was good.
Breakfast is consistently awful on VS, with a warm croissant, a yoghurt and some fresh fruit. My partner didnt get the croissant but neither did she get the yoghurt which was gluten free? A small plate of fruit was her breakfast! I do feel for those that have allergies that fly as their choice of food is so limited and the quality really poor.
We landed about 20 minutes late and then were parked at a bus gate at Terminal 2 which wasnt great, it was sunny at LHR though!
I do rate VS and especially their Premium service. The cost at the moment though to fly with them during COVID to Antigua was very expensive and doesnt represent value for money.

Date of travel: December 2020
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank JimUtd
Reviewed 17 January 2021

Due to various cancellations this was a full flight from LHR to ANU on 5th December, just as travel re-opened following lockdown 2.0. We had been downgraded from Economy Delight on our cancelled flight, but managed to get 2 seats together on the Economy Classic part of the 787-9 Olivia Rae.
Boarding from Terminal 2 was a complete free for all. It started with Upper/Premium together and then as Priority due to status we expected to be next but instead they just started boarding all Economy.
As we walked on we were handed the mask kit, with sanitiser and wipes, these were useful and to be fair everyone seemed compliant with this on the plane. Drink service as normal after we had taken off, then lunch was served which was somewhat reduced with no salad option or bread. Essentially we had a hot meal (chicken) with water, a small dessert and some crackers. Bit poor I felt, the quality of the main meal was also lacking. After that Cabin crew did come round sporadically with juice or water and the traditional afternoon tea followed about 90 minutes before landing. Virgin are very clear that they won't be coming round as much as normal with drinks and snacks due to COVID and whilst I get that something does need to happen with drinks, whether that be a further non alcoholic service or getting 2 drinks on a normal service. It was difficult to stay hydrated because of this, which wasn't then helped with a 90 minute wait at Antigua for health screening.
The entertainment on video screens was top notch as normal and the cabin crew friendly as ever. Some of the fun has gone out of flying at the minute though, understandably so.

Date of travel: December 2020
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank JimUtd
Reviewed 7 January 2021

My partner & I were due to fly to New York on the 12th of September 2020. This got cancelled on the 14th of August & I was told I would be issued a refund. I am still waiting for that refund 5 months on!!!!! Absolutely disgusting!! I will never book a flight with Virgin ever again. Shambles.

Date of travel: September 2020
2  Thank Hailey_w194
Reviewed 6 January 2021

Virgin atlantic is amazing staff is v friendly mostly sheena she is the best attendant on flight thanks virgin Atlantic

Date of travel: January 2021