“Helpful and a friendly”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 5 September 2019

We travelled as a family, my daughter has multiple allergies - nuts being one. I called them before travel and they couldn't promise to be serving a meal she could eat so suggested we bring our own food. when on board they announced were had someone with a nut allergy on board and requested passengers did not eat nuts during the flight. At meal time they found a different meal that she could eat.

Date of travel: July 2019
1  Thank Obi A
Write a reviewReviews (15,187)

Reviewed 5 September 2019

After a particularly shoddy experience in the past when the level of service was at a low, vowed not to fly Virgin again. Fast forward a good few years and the price to fly was excellent so decided to chance it.
It would seem Virgin is back on the track with the service they provide, couldn't be more different from the last time we used them. To ice cream in the airport before flying, to menus on the plane before eating, the Virgin I enjoyed flying as a kid seems to be back. The A330-300 onboard entertainment was fantastic, I couldn't fit in all I wanted to watch.
Even had the pleasure of chatting to one of the pilots in the airport before the flight. All the staff seemed so happy I would definitely fly Virgin again now.

Date of travel: August 2019
3  Thank DorsetBert
Reviewed 5 September 2019

This was our 1st flight on the airline and we loved it. Easy boarding even though there were more than 400 passengers that included 150 children! There were plenty flight attendants who seem to be constantly serving us food & drinks! Loved the attention!! This long flight seemed much shorter and we hated having to deboard and leave all the wonderful patient, smiling, energetic attendants,and the very skilled, fantastic pilot that landed this large aircraft so very smoothly.

Date of travel: May 2019
1  Thank 2happi
Reviewed 4 September 2019

I flew with virgin and i am scared of heights,and to be honest this is the best flight i have ever had ,i didnt relise we had taken off and that we had landed ,it was that smooth .tHE STAFF WERE VERY ATTENTIVE AND FRIENDLY
and would definatly fly with them again

Date of travel: October 2018
1  Thank louise d
Reviewed 4 September 2019

This was my first flight on Virgin Atlantic and I was impressed with the customer service, however, I expected the Virgin team would be pretty good.

I breezed through SEATac. It took a total of 25min to go from curb to gate, which included a bag check, passport verification and sub ride to the S gates. I’ve always found SEATac airport easy to navigate, and that still stands true. I do have the TSA precheck authorization, which I bought near the beginning fo the year. The best $80 I ever spent. I cringed as I watched my pre-travel bag weigh in at 21.5kg! The cheerful bag check lady didn't bat an eye.

The boarding procedure was streamlined and efficient. The safety video was even entertaining depicting cartoon cowboys, space scenes and daredevils. My economy seat came with a blanket, pillow, headphones, a variety of entertainment, two meals and free booze (2 glasses of wine)! I won the airplane lottery by having the seat next to me (the undesirable middle seat) remain empty. Always a bonus on a crowded 9.5-hour flight.

There were a few seat details that needed addressing, a loose head jack panel and my very touchy seat recliner button. I almost ended up in the lap of the passenger behind me on my first descent. This is where they lost a star for me, but these were minor issues. I was very impressed by the automatic window dimmers. These are far superior to the ol' shutters you have to pull down.

And lastly, the passenger offloading procedure. It took a little while. About 15-20 minutes, which I thought long. I'm not sure if there were extenuating circumstances or if it simply takes that long to move that many people, but next time, I'm going to try and get a little closer to the front than row 57. On my way back home I'll be in row 54, so I guess that's a start.

Date of travel: September 2019
1  Thank Dana J
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.