“Disappointed upper class flight on airbus 330”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 17 June 2019 via mobile

We booked an upper class flight with virgin to go to Barbados. We did not realise it was on a converted plane VA had brought from air Berlin so was surprised when we boarded as the lay out was completely different with no Bar . The luxury we had previously experienced was not at all present . The aircraft appeared old , small and cramped . Gone are the pods and replaced by seats which lay flat with no privacy. The cabins are small which effected the service throughout the flight . There was one toilet at the front and one at the back which is shared with the premium economy cabin . Clearly these were insufficient for the numbers of people flying . Service was slow and food not hot enough, scones were served which were stale . Over all certainly not what we are used to from VA and certainly not worth the money paid for a ticket. Think twice about paying upper class prices on this airbus as you certainly won’t get what you have paid for and like ya may well be disappointed

3  Thank lynnmcintosh50
Write a reviewReviews (15,178)

Reviewed 17 June 2019

Great flight with a very efficient cabin crew. Food very good with complimentary drinks. Good value now as we travel on the Econmy Light ticket.

Date of travel: May 2019
1  Thank John H
Reviewed 17 June 2019

Flew on one of their new Boeing 787-900's. The seats were extremely comfortable and their was enough leg room to stretch out. This flight was not busy and I was lucky to have had three seats to myself to sleep. However, even with the flight on the return journey being full, I was still very comfortable and these planes have a lot of leg room in economy class. The food was also great compared to other airlines and the cabin crew were extremely professional.

1  Thank Dasen P
Reviewed 16 June 2019 via mobile

This was my first ever long flight and flight out of Europe and i was pleasantly surprised. I expected to feel uncomfortable and for the flight to drag on but it didn't. The flight itself was very smooth and the service was very good. The flight was quite empty so the flight attendants were able to be quite attentive, they regularly came round with snacks and drinks and would accomodate us with whatever we wanted. The food available was good and was tasty, the options were pasta / pork / chicken with mushroom, and before they had served not even half the plane they had ran out of the pasta, now for anybody else this wouldn't be an issue but as I can't eat pork and really dislike mushroom this was an issue for me. Luckily they had a spare beef lasagne from the upper class meals that I could have so I didn't go hungry. They were also accommodating with my nephews request for his teddy to have a selfie with the pilot which was awesome. The inflight entertainment was good too with a wide selection of things to watch or do although the tv's themselves were quite tricky to use as the touchscreen played up a bit. Nether the less the flight was good all round.

1  Thank DanandHannah1
Reviewed 16 June 2019

They fly the latest Airplanes, depart on time, and have well educated, friendly cabin staff. Would recommend this Airline highly and choose them over other carriers anytime. You just feel safe on board.

Date of travel: May 2019