“Faulty toilet doors and lights left on full brightness during night trip home”
Review of Vietnam Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall pleasant airline but on both trips (Melb to Ho Chi Minh and return) the toilet doors were faulty showing vacant when they were occupied which caused quite a few embarrassing moments and breaches of privacy.

The other issue was the return flight home at night to Melbourne with the overhead lights at full brightness for at least 5 hours, When I asked the stewardess if they could turn them off so we could sleep (this is a health and safety issue), her reply was, they could not but she did try to stick paper over to them but that did not work. Eventually some the female stewardesses were given a lesson on how to dim the lights by the senior staff member and we tried to sleep the remaining few hours with dimmed lights. Pity staff did not know how to dim the lights and did not have the training to dim them on a night flight which would have made the 8.5 hour flight bearable.

1  Thank Dmoore0711n

Reviewed 17 June 2024

1. My partners’ suitcase never made it to the next flight. How?
2. This airline made us last to everything since it delayed every time. We had 6 flights with them.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 15 June 2024

Worst on-boarding experience due to ground staff with Vietnam airlines flight VN - 978 from Mumbai

The flight was supposed to on board at 11pm, but it ended up on boarding at 1am. Thats fine there was a delay

But the lady at on boarding counter was had the worst attitude in the airlines industry ever. She didn't let infants on board first and was adamant that infants too will have to come in the queue. Despite pleading her that infant has been sleeping and we had super senior citizens but she used foul language against infant and my family.

Worst experience ever at Mumbai Airport. I don't know how such badly trained employees are hired by Vietnam airlines and Mumbai airport as ground staff. Across the world infants are given priority boarding as they are small infants so that they've a safe and good journey. This is the worst experience at Mumbai Airport ane authorities should look into it

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank niteshs264
Reviewed 14 June 2024

Pathetic and unfair trade practices.
If you move along with your family, They will charge you extra to make you sit together otherwise they threaten to make you sit randomly in aircraft
Very rude and unprofessional ground staff too

Reviewed 14 June 2024

Me, my wife, my three sons went on this flight to ho chi min and the caught another flight to germany to see my papa. Vietnam airlines is good, cheap and tasty (as in food), my youngest son went to the toilet with me and got the toilet jammed with toilet paper. We are really sorry about that. The entertainment was good my sons were watching cocomelon (even though two of them was 11 and 8) they were playing angry birds and subway surfers. My youngest sons had their favorite meal, BUTTER CHICKEN!!! Then my middle son got diabetes from your overloaded desert but that was fine he recovered. We are sorry when my oldest son raged when a bot beat him a snakes and ladders and broke the screen. Overall this flight was 10/10.
Truly yours,
His papa

1  Thank BobDaBuilderWithLeo
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.