“An absolute nightmare - never book with VN Airlines!”
Review of Vietnam Airlines

Reviewed 30 May 2024

I booked a round trip flight for my daughter. When she arrived at San Francisco airport last night, she discovered that her flight was cancelled at 2 hours of expected takeoff. They offered to book her on the next flight which leaves in 48 hours! She had to spend the night freezing at the airport. When asked for a refund of a RT which cost me over $2000, they only offered $360. My daughter is upset, cold, uncomfortable, hungry, exhausted, and has to sleep in a dangerous place with no bed or heat. I will never book Vietnam Airlines again. They don't care at all about the comfort, well-being, and safety of a young woman traveling abroad by herself.

1  Thank Katherine K

Reviewed 29 May 2024

The stewardess and stewarts were very courteous and patient. I thought I lost my cardigan, I was not sure where I lost it, because of rush to get on a transit plane. They escorted us directly to the transit plane and at end of flight, helped and found the cardigan.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 28 May 2024

- Airline system removed the middle names of my partner and baby meaning we could not check in.
- Service desk staff told us to call Vietnam Airlines directly. The staff on the phone argued with my partner saying they could not fix the issue.
- Luckily, one Vietnam Airlines staff member at the airport was attempting to get the tickets amended. We were however left waiting for 3 hours with hardly any updates during the process. Waiting in an airport in limbo for this long with a 12 week old baby.
- When we asked for updates, we were met with an extremely combative attitude. The extremely rude service desk agent’s name is Sara. I thought she was rude before I even had to interact with her as I saw her yelling at other staff and abruptly “shushing” them when they tried to speak.
- When we were left standing in limbo with no update, I asked for an update and Sara spat at me that if it were just her working she would not even attempt to help us.
- We literally got on the plane with 6 minutes until take off. We did not even get the opportunity to go to the bathroom or have breakfast before boarding as we spent THREE HOURS at the check in desk.
- To make matters even worse, we had gate checked our travel pram for the baby, asking for it to be available at our 6.5 hour layover in Ho Chi Minh. To our surprise the pram had been checked in ALL THE WAY TO GERMANY. So we had to manage a tired baby for 6.5 hours with nowhere to safely put him down to sleep. The airline staff did not care.

We will never fly Vietnam Airlines again, I really wish we did not have a return ticket with them.

1  Thank ashleighsimpson
Reviewed 21 May 2024

Viet Nam airline flight attendants are generally good to very good, but their office support staff are known to be terrible to non existent. Unfortunately, my 4 days old Rimowa luggage was almost destroyed. Significant damaged was inflicted on all sides and even all the metal parts are heavily indented. It looked more like malicious damage than anything else. I tried to go online to lodge a claim but the information was not available. There was a claim form but nowhere for a claim to be lodged. Calling was not a good experience either, in line with my previous experience with their support staff. It is a if they do not want anyone to lodge a claim.

2  Thank Yen D L
Reviewed 16 May 2024

Excellent and significantly improved service quality. Their Lotusmiles program improved a lot. Cabin crew is very attentive, remember its passengers preferences, and I feel they wholeheartly meant it. Congrats!

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.