“NEVER AGAIN”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 14 June 2021

3 times I booked a flight ONLY because they had a direct flight. 3 times they changed it to a connecting flight. The last time they did not even notify me. Lack of notification happened to our traveling partners as well. Cannot image a worse experience, don't even want to think what it would be like if I actually was on a flight with them. Canceling AGAIN and will never book with United again. Would rather drive the 2.000 miles!

1  Thank kajslfkjaselkdnf
Write a reviewReviews (51,229)

Reviewed 13 June 2021

I was denied boarding on my return flight to Israel. I was told that because there was no one staffing the International Desk that they were unable to verify my travel documents and therefore they would have to deny me boarding. They suggesting rebooking my fight to the following day when their International Desk would be staffed. How they can have no one working on the International Desk during check in of an international flight with complex flight restrictions is beyond me. What an awful experience and poor customer service. I flew the next day on ElAl without difficulty.

1  Thank 271elans
Reviewed 13 June 2021

Check in was good, attendants were good, flight was good. Beverages and snacks were good. In-flight entertainment was good. I would "fly the friendly skies of United" again.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 12 June 2021

Purchased round trip flight from PIT to DEN and paid full fare for first class on trip. Got to Pit and was greeted promptly. Staff was friendly and helpful. Helped with having 3 checked bags. Offered to print out boarding pass or anything else we needed or wanted. Offered airport suggestions and wished us a good trip. All you would expect when flying first class. The flight out was good, on time, airplane staff was good, seats were comfy, and overall a good experience. Now on the way back from DEN to PIT was a totally different experience. As we approached the counter all staff except one walked away. The one lady behind the counter stood there quietly. I asked if I was at the right location for checking my bags, she remained silent. I again asked if we should use the kiosk we were standing at and she remained silent. So I asked what am I supposed to do here and again she never said a word. Eventually a worker (not working the counter...dont know where she came from) told us we were at the right place. So I enter my information on the kiosk and to my amazement she spoke ( I thought maybe she couldnt speak), She said "I need your ID". We hand her ID's and she looks at them and hands them back. As I waited for her to offer the next step in the process she remains quiet. Eventually she blurts out "put your bags up here we don't have all day". So I place my bags on the scale. She asks if I have anything in the bags she needs to know about. I reply no. She then tags the bags and goes back to standing there quietly. I ask if we are complete and she says nothing. I ask if we could get our boarding passes printed out and she remains quiet. Now I raise my voice cause I'm getting frustrated and ask again about the boarding pass. She replies "you people need to learn how to use the machine" and then walks away. No thank you for flying united, no nothing. She knew exactly how to make a first class full price fare feel like a piece of trash. Just unbelievable. Another flyer helped us get our boarding passes, strangers are more helpful than the people you are paying thousands to. The flight itself was fine and staff on the plane was good. The flight was delayed about 20 minutes at takeoff but that was it. Two very different experiences.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 12 June 2021

Came from Cincinnati, OH to flight into Washington been waiting almost 12 hours for plane to leave that was suppose to leave at 10:40 it is now 8pm. Every excuse got made. Plane have issues, staff left, can’t fix plane, no plane until tomorrow, no catering on plane, and staff off work. Everyone received $150 dollars towards next flight with United with is unacceptable. A ten dollar food voucher all food restaurant close at 6 and we sat on the plane for two hours straight. Third time being a boarded and still sitting almost another hour.

Date of travel: June 2021
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.