“Worse results ever”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

United ruined the start of our Anniversary trip.

We booked flight thru American Express travel, United to Vegas, then Hawaiian onto Lanai.

When checking in online United said we couldn't print Hawaiian birding passes, understood since that flight was technically the next day (1:30 Am flight out of vegas). But after getting to Vegas we still couldn't print.

Hawaiian at this point bent over backwards trying to help us, calling United as the ti let showed United control, and they could not sieze it to ticket us. As the boarding proceeded they conferenced in Amex, who also was locked out by United.

The United agent told Hawaiian (we were right there) that he tried an "exchange" to get the ticket released, but that failed too. He said, nope that didn't work (we were all in the call). Amex documented all if this. Except it did work. We found out after our flight had already pushed back (2+ hours of this) when Amex got a new rep on the line and gave Hawaiian a new ticket number that could be released to Hawaiian.

So now we paid 1000+ dollar's for the four seasons Lanai, and we will get there in time to go to bed. And we get to sit in the airport for 6 hours. And our new flight doesn't have the preferred seats that we booked ages ago available, so we will be in the last row.

Thanks United. To top it off, the custom service rep while on the call with us and Amex, hung up when Amex started to complain about what we were being out thru.

Complete waste of our money. DO NOT FLY UNITED. Ever. Period.

2  Thank Rob_Gillis
Write a ReviewReviews (28,722)

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Being a Houstonian I avoid legacy United Flights like the plague. The FAs are surly and downright rude. The service is poor at best and the crew is mean to keep the animals er passengers in line. This plane had not been cleaned in quite some time as there was garbage shoved between the seats and strewn around. I expect nothing less from legacy United. About a year and a half ago I got stuck on a legacy United flight and I was in First Class and the FA was taking drink orders and skipped me and the person sitting next to me. We looked at each other and said that’s odd. So she came around again leans over me and asks the Gentleman next to me what he would like and ignored me. As she walked away I said quietly and politely that I guessed I was invisible. She whirled around like the harridan she is/was and put her four inch long hot pink talon with a deep black crust of filth covering the underside of the nail on to my face ( I will never unsee or I live that filthy nail on my face) as she shrieked like a demon possessed that I had assaulted her and I calmly said no I have not, you ignored me based on my appearance plus I never touched or threatened you and I would like to speak with the purser. She screamed I am insert curse word. I asked for the flight Marshall and again insert curse word and no one will help you. So still with the disgusting nail on my face and now her hair product is dripping or better said pouring onto my clothing the Pilot shows up as someone had got him. He did not allow me to speak and said that since I had assaulted a member of his flight crew I could either be taken off in shackles or if I agreed to behave, list to follow, I could remain on the flight. Well I was flying to see my doctors at MDAnderson and I am completely disabled and in poor health I needed to make the flight. The rules-l could not speak to anyone, I could not eat or drink anything even if it was in my bag, I could not look at anyone, I could not use the WC, I could not use the Entertainment onboard, personnel devices, I could not lean my seat back ( I have a severe blood clotting issue) and I could not sleep. I have serious health issues that requires me to sleep 12 to 13 hours a day. It was a miserable flight and with my renal issues on top of it all very painful. I called United later that day. So how can you get a Legacy Continental Flight? The planes are Boeing and the flight numbers have 4 digits. Legacy United-Airbus and flight numbers have 3 digits. Chose wisely. Every time I fly Legacy United it’s always something but always guaranteed to have FAs and Pilots on an Ego Trip.

1  Thank rts96
Reviewed 7 December 2017

I remember when flying on United was to be flying on a premium US air carrier. Those days are long gone. Our most recent flights were the two that took us from Portland to Orlando via Denver. I could not believe how cramped the seating was. I have not experienced so little leg room on any airline that I have traveled on except perhaps one in Myanmar that was optimized for carrying passengers who are 5' 6".

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank rjp50
Reviewed 7 December 2017

A five hour delay...insane. Disappointed with United, they could at least offer compensation. Seemed other airlines were NOT having trouble, just United. This is the second time I have had an issue with them, Third time...I'm done.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Cindy Z
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

This was the most unpleasant trip I have ever experienced on an airline. Where to begin: I was seated in the aisle on the right hand side next to the galley and also in front of the restroom. At the beginning of the flight just after take off a small child vomits on the floor in front of me, which is wiped up with a dry cloth by the flight attendant but nothing could prepare me for the smell. The left hand side restroom stopped working so a line proceeded in front and beside me for the rest of the journey, people standing on my feet, the male flight attendant runs his cart into me and dousing me in water! Replying whoops before passing me two napkins. This all proceeded with me vomiting the rest of the trip from the stress of it all and smelling vomit the whole way. My complaint to United about this “flight from hell” was a $200 voucher that can be used when booking another flight with United. Yeah right

2  Thank Nicole M