“No nonsense, what you see is what you get”
Review of Transavia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

No nonsense airline, nothing special, but most important: on time and friendly. Flight was not full because of Corona, so enough space (not so sure on a full plane). Paid catering (expensive), but OK if you need something. Tip: bring your own.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (75,078)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I didn't digest that in a previous flight, you take my hand luggage to put it in the luggage compartment, break the telescopic handle and didn't want to reimburse it.

Now I always refuse categorically to give my hand luggage even if the plane is full!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This trip was supposed to be paid for with a voucher issued by Transavia when they canceled the same one in 2020 because of the pandemic. We booked for 2021, Transavia again changed the flights. The reason given was « The latest announcements ». I asked what these were, nobody could tell me, probably because there were none. We accepted the modification but then discovered that internal travel in Greece was impossible at this new date and that the required PCR tests could not be carried out to comply with the 72 hour validity requirement. Another flight modification was necessary and Transavia refused to do this for free or make any commercial gesture. €730 more to pay, effectively doubling the cost of the trip. The planes were clean, the staff pleasant but both the outward and return flights were ruined by screaming kids and their inconsiderate parents. Perhaps the staff could have asked them to behave better? Also, theTransavia app works badly and we received messages saying online check in was open when this wasn’t the case.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't like doing these type of vindictive reviews but this morning's experience with Transavia was so bad that I couldn't sit on it. So here is the story:

I arrived at the checkin point at 08.30 with the flight departing at 9.15. The employee receiving me at the waiting line informed me that he can't let me proceed to the check-in desk because it is closed. I objected letting him know that it is 45 minutes before the flight and that there is still plenty of time to board the plain. I later found out at the Transavia website that the formal SLA is 40 minutes, so he had no right to deny me entrance on that excuse. I convinced him to let me proceed to the desk. While waiting in front of the desk for a decision there was a lot of back and forth between the employee appearing to be in charge next to the desk and the boarding gate. They finally reached the decision to let me in as I was on time. Upon inspecting my PCR test (as an email on my phone), the employee at the desk clicked on a link directing him to the Dutch government website instead of the attached PDF containing the PCR test. In this confusion his instinctive response was to tell me that Transavia doesn't accept this test, although he wasn't looking at the actual PCR certificate but a government web page. I complained saying that I had used Transavia's services 3 months ago with a PCR test from the same authority. Without any sign of self-doubt or hesitation he informed the person in charge that my PCR was invalid. Of course, the superior liked what he heard and wasted no time informing the gate that my PCR certificate was invalid. I was directed to the help desk and talked to the employee there. She asked how much I paid for my certificate and where I had received it. She then proceeded to acknowledge that my PCR was valid and we went together back to the checkin desk. After, informing the staff that they had bounced me off for no reason 10 minutes ago and that they should have let me in, they reverted back to the argument that I had arrived too late anyway.
Of course at that point it was indeed too late.

So, I guess from my point of view I arrived 5 min before the checkin formally closes with a valid PCR certificate and was denied a service I had paid for.

The worst part is that nobody seemed to bother too much about it let alone utter an apology. They were behaving like it is another day at the office and that it sucks for me but rules are rules. Bouncing off people like that might be ok if we are talking about trains or buses because you can catch the next one. I would expect airline employees to be a little more considerate especially during those times.. Denying someone a chance to visit family without a valid reason makes for a very upsetting experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The trip was never made because we were told that our money would be refunded due to a change of flight, so we cancelled everything.

Flights were already rescheduled a few times due to the whole covid situation, so lots of extra money was already paid, all gone...

When we contacted again, to ask why the money was not returned they said we can not find the recording with customer service, we do not have a record, of course they never returned the money (approximately € 550), nor did they ever respond to the emails we send.

We asked to find the recording and find a solution to the issue since there was no responsible person to talk on the phone because as the girl told us the customer service works from home, so no supervisors availabe.

Customer service is extremely bad, absolutely 0 interest in helping their customers as long as they get paid, all ok.

False promises are a real thing @transavia, ignoring customers, same story. Getting paid, no problem.

We've learned our lesson the hard way, never, but never again anywhere with Transavia, better on foot.

2  Thank mheijerman
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.