“Irresponsible, changing schedules, luggage missing, poor response”
Review of Thai Airways

Reviewed 8 May 2024

Sharing my disappointment and frustration regarding my recent experience with Thai Airways during my journey from Singapore to Nepal. I was scheduled to travel from Singapore to Nepal via Thai Airways. However, my journey was marred by several issues that significantly impacted my travel experience. Firstly, the initial flight was delayed without adequate explanation or updates provided to passengers. This lack of communication caused confusion and inconvenience, leading to unnecessary stress and discomfort.Furthermore, upon arrival at Bangkok, passengers were given unclear instructions regarding transferring to a later night flight. The process was disorganized, and I felt uncertain about the steps I needed to take to reach my final destination.To add to the inconvenience, once aboard the plane, passengers were unexpectedly informed that we needed to rush to catch a connecting flight. Furthermore when I finally reached the flight, my seat that was chosen online was taken and I was left with a different seat plan. Despite carrying heavy hand luggage, we were expected to make a hurried dash through the airport, which was both physically demanding and unsettling.Finally, upon reaching my destination, I discovered that my checked luggage was missing. This further compounded my frustration and inconvenience, as I was left without essential belongings for an extended period until my luggage was eventually located and delivered the following day. Overall, this series of events during my journey with Thai Airways reflects poorly on the airline's commitment to customer satisfaction and efficient service delivery. I reached out to the customer service to share my feedback, but the customer service responded with terms and conditions of their contract: which indicates that "Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections." Unfortunately, this response came about 3 weeks. This airlines is not interested to address problems and this has been one of the most unpleasant experience I have had, this is why I am taking the time to write a review.

2  Thank Jolie M

Reviewed 8 May 2024

I will not take Thai again. First I had paid a flight with 2 hours stopover in Istanbul which should be enough to catch next flight but later they sent an email saying the flight would take 30 minutes more. It took two hours more and I lost connection. Then they did not award any miles to my Star Alliance Frequent flyer card, claiming they do not for the class! And aircrafts were dirty, old and service very average. Finally on flight entertainment was poor. So there is really no reason to fly this airline, there is plenty of better airlines out there.

1  Thank Eme R
Reviewed 7 May 2024

I have enjoyed Thai Airways service in the past, a nice airline.
We travelled on 8 April 2024 to Bangkok, returning 15 April 2024.
The flight was pleasant but there was a massive letdown, the food. The meals we received were absolutely mediocre, to be polite, nothing like the meals we received on Thai before or other airlines recently. What we were served could not be called Thai food, I don't know how Thai has dropped their gastronomic excellence to this level - bland, tasteless, odd mix and lateness in their meals. Their Pad Thai was horrendous.
I am thinking of bringing my own food next time.

Miguel Andrade
Sydney, Australia

Reviewed 6 May 2024

A pathetic experience from the national airline of a country that is trying to promote tourism. While the aircraft was taxiing on the runway, the pilot did not switch on the air conditioning. So all passengers were subjected to extreme heat till the aircraft took off. Despite the length of the flight, and the extreme heat, drinks service was limited - which made for an extremely dehydrated experience on board.

3  Thank AJNJ-Roaming
Reviewed 5 May 2024

I had a very disappointing experience as had booked a flexible ticket through an online agency so that guaranteed me that i could change the flights.
Unfortunately this was not true- i tried various times to get through and to contact also Thai airways (as it was written on their website that i would have to change the flight through them ) and i never got a response, i started this 5 days before the take off date.
It was a very unpleasant experience, as i tried multiple amounts of times with my thai number (it finished all the money i had put on the phone ) then when i tried with my italian sim number (as the thai one had gone out of funds, i recharged my italian phone with 50 euros and that got completely consumed as well- and this just waiting on the thai airways customer service call- without ever getting through to an actual person who responded ) finally when i landed in Sri Lanka (as was in the midst of travels whilst i was trying to change my ticket) i got a Sri Lankan number, and tried again… and the same thing happened all the money i had put on my phone for calls, finished and this only on the waiting cal for some kind of customer service to respond. Same with emails never got a response…
I felt quite surprised by this whole situation, and still not quite sure what to make of it as had thought them to be a trustworthy and reliable airline…
Perhaps i was wrong…

I’m still hoping i will get some kind of response and that there was just a major glitch in the system… i dont know

Date of travel: May 2024
2  Thank Emma B
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.