“Bangkok 2024”
Review of Thai Airways

Reviewed 7 May 2024

I have enjoyed Thai Airways service in the past, a nice airline.
We travelled on 8 April 2024 to Bangkok, returning 15 April 2024.
The flight was pleasant but there was a massive letdown, the food. The meals we received were absolutely mediocre, to be polite, nothing like the meals we received on Thai before or other airlines recently. What we were served could not be called Thai food, I don't know how Thai has dropped their gastronomic excellence to this level - bland, tasteless, odd mix and lateness in their meals. Their Pad Thai was horrendous.
I am thinking of bringing my own food next time.

Miguel Andrade
Sydney, Australia

Reviewed 6 May 2024

A pathetic experience from the national airline of a country that is trying to promote tourism. While the aircraft was taxiing on the runway, the pilot did not switch on the air conditioning. So all passengers were subjected to extreme heat till the aircraft took off. Despite the length of the flight, and the extreme heat, drinks service was limited - which made for an extremely dehydrated experience on board.

2  Thank AJNJ-Roaming
Reviewed 5 May 2024

I had a very disappointing experience as had booked a flexible ticket through an online agency so that guaranteed me that i could change the flights.
Unfortunately this was not true- i tried various times to get through and to contact also Thai airways (as it was written on their website that i would have to change the flight through them ) and i never got a response, i started this 5 days before the take off date.
It was a very unpleasant experience, as i tried multiple amounts of times with my thai number (it finished all the money i had put on the phone ) then when i tried with my italian sim number (as the thai one had gone out of funds, i recharged my italian phone with 50 euros and that got completely consumed as well- and this just waiting on the thai airways customer service call- without ever getting through to an actual person who responded ) finally when i landed in Sri Lanka (as was in the midst of travels whilst i was trying to change my ticket) i got a Sri Lankan number, and tried again… and the same thing happened all the money i had put on my phone for calls, finished and this only on the waiting cal for some kind of customer service to respond. Same with emails never got a response…
I felt quite surprised by this whole situation, and still not quite sure what to make of it as had thought them to be a trustworthy and reliable airline…
Perhaps i was wrong…

I’m still hoping i will get some kind of response and that there was just a major glitch in the system… i dont know

Date of travel: May 2024
2  Thank Emma B
Reviewed 1 May 2024

By many accounts this airline used to be quite good but having taken 6 flights with them in the past 2 years, I am not impressed. I accept the service in economy will not be top notch but there has to be at least a reasonable level of service. The food was passable at best but having food trays slammed down because the crew were rushed is not a good experience. Many of the crew spoke so fast, it was difficult to understand them. There were examples of hot drinks being passed over from the opposite aisle across two other passengers - this was extremely dangerous on a bumpy flight. On a previous flight one crew member was in so much of a hurry she didn't give me time to position my drink on the tray before thrusting more items toward me resulting in the whole tray being deposited in my lap (hot tea, wine, hot food - the lot!)

Quite simply they cram too many seats onto the plane at the expense of customer comfort, I even heard of poor service and experience in business class. For example, why don't they create a policy on reclining seats, it's nigh impossible to enjoy in-flight catering when the seat in front surges toward you! It might be economy but we all deserve a decent, minimum level of safe service - not so in my experience.

Apart from the poor flight experience, there is absolutely no customer service, this company shuts up shop and decides it doesn't want to talk to you. The London Thai customer services phone line is permanently unavailable and I understand other countries experience the same.

One problem with all this, is that on the London/Bangkok route there is very little competition for a direct flight (just Thai and Eva) it needs far more competition and the sooner the better. Although I would rather not, I may consider next time taking an indirect flight on a better airline. I've flown with many different airlines - this has to be one of the worst and their attitude is somewhat arrogant.

2  Thank Curious53097117416
Reviewed 30 April 2024

My bag got lost/stolen . Thai do not answer the phone in Cambodia, most email addresses bounce back the rest do not answer. I will never ever use Thai again and I have already told all friends and familyvnot to use them. I have travelled a lot in Africa, Greenland, EuropecAdia andcthe Americas and I never experienced such a terrible service. I had my luggage delayed by Aerolíneas Argentinas, Latam and Alitalia but every time they were supportive and evenctually I got my suitcase. With Thai I lost hope from day one. Travel with them at your own risk. O yes I almost forgot their lost baggage claim page doesn't work, when you try to upload a file it says "upload error" and when you post it comes out with an error.

2  Thank MP M
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.