“Never Fly Spirit Again”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 31 May 2018

We had a connecting flight from Chicago to Ft. Lauderdale and the connection flight was Spirit also, and it would not wait for us to run to the gate, in fact, the plane was still there and they refused to open the door and allow 5 passengers to board to Montego Bay, Jamaica. Of course there was only the one flight out and they treated us like dirt.

Never, ever ever again!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Barbara B
Write a ReviewReviews (9,838)

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Just had an awful experience on flight 382 spirit airlines from Denver CO to Minneapolis, we traveled with a toddler and even though there were severe thunderstorms they had us board the flight anyway, then we couldn’t land in Minneapolis and had to fly to Sioux Falls SD to refuel, we waited there for an hour and a half and they didn’t let us off the plane, then said we can’t land in Minneapolis and had to fly all the way back to Denver, we just landed at midnight. They did not give anyone hotel stipends, which is ridiculous, there are no places in the airport open with food, we don’t have a car to get around, and just had to pay 300 dollars for a hotel close to the airport, spirit did not offer us any stipends or future travel stipends. Our flight is rebooked for tomorrow at noon, which is the least that could be done. This was an awful traveling experience and yes we understand that weather is unpredictable but the way this was handled was extremely frustrating and we will be sharing this story of how this airline handled this

1  Thank Shelby F
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I travel ALOT & I recently started back flying with Spirit because of affordability, upgrades in their planes/service/uniforms, etc and flight times that coordinated well with where I was trying to go. However, yesterday I was petrified, but relied on my faith that all would go well! After leaving the terminal "on time" our pilot announced overhead right before take off that the light for engine #2 had come on so we had to go back to the terminal so maintenance could check the plane. I commend and give all praise to this pilot for not taking off however, the inconvenience was not addressed. We not only had to deplane, but wait an hour before reboarding for our 5 hour flight! I understand "everything cost" on the plane these days, but considering the engine light, deboarding, reboarding, late fight plane, etc. we were not even offered complimentary beverages, snacks, nothing!! Also the pilots were full speed ahead to possibly make up time, BUT I believe that caused some of the turbulence we experienced throughout the entire flight (except the last hour)! This was very traumatic considering we were just told there was an issue with engine 2 that delayed our flight and had to be assessed by maintenance!!

The seats were comfortable and he staff were great, BUT we (the passengers) should have been offered refreshments or something for (some people) was a very traumatic situation. I praise God we made it safely and I truly thank the pilot for going back to the terminal until everything was fixed and also the staff for remaining pleasant, professional and cool headed!

1  Thank MsKiesha
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

The flight was good. The boarding process went quickly, the staff were nice, the seats were comfortable and we even arrived early. Overall great flight!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Ok so we all know that spirit is a bare bones /low budget airlines. I normally fly southwest airlines and i am very happy there but i had a short notice flight only 2 days away and southwest was sold out . So i found a reasonable price at spirit. as i board the flight i cant believe it the seats are quite similar to folding chair's with a little cushion on them. So what it is a cheap flight. As the pilot begins to back away the tight engine begins to grind and squeal in a loud frightening manner. The flight attendant said to us hope we make it. the noise never stoped until we land.
in flight you must pay for everything even a cup of water has a cost.Peanuts have a cost. the seat was like sitting a hard chair for the entire flight. The crew was kind and joked about how cheep Spirit airline is , i suppose that is part of the image and they use that as humor.
On my return flight i am sure that i will never take Spirit again but they did save me a lot of money on a short notice flight. so about 45 min prior to landing a flight attendant begin's to promote a Spirit Airlines credit card from Bank of America.You get 15000 free points or miles and if you fill it out to day you get an additional 5000. So i begin to compromise my values and i fill out the paper application. I ask the Flight attendant what i am supposed to do with the application on my way off the plane and he said give it to me. So i inform him that all my personal information is written on the application and there is not a secure place to put it. He (the flight attendant) said just give it to me you'll be fine .
Well that was 32 days ago and Bank of America has never received the application.
Spirit Airlines refuses to speak to me , but is a recent blames the post office and or Bank of America.
Bank of America has assured me that once received the process is secure and all applications get processed.
The last known people to have my information was Spirit Airlines and they have lost all my personal information and now i am even more at risk of identity theft. They lost my mane , social security number , date of birth, mothers maiden name ,address, occupation ,income, and more.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS AIRLINE THEY ARE A LOST CAUSE

After 15 emails and 32 days they still refuse to speak to me or give ma any full names or titles of who i am in communication with. But they did offer me a $50 dollar gift card if i am willing to Risk my life on another flight, but to do that i have the buy the rest of the ticket and that would mean i have to give them a credit card number . Hmmm i think i will pass on that.

WHAT A COMPLETE JOKE

TIM O'BRIEN
CHICAGO IL.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)