“Great Flight and Great Price”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 11 March 2020

We take this trip most every year as it is a direct non stop from Baltimore leaving at 8:55 in the morning and landing in Cancun at 12:50 or so. We leave our home before rush hour and we are checked into our hotel and in the water with a drink in our hand before 2:00 on the same day. About $400 give or take round trip and the service is always friendly and easy. Southwest keeps it on time and very affordable.

2  Thank James H
Write a reviewReviews (44,064)

Reviewed 11 March 2020

I am normally a big fan of unbundled flight options. I particularly like Southwest's cheap fares, flight frequency from San Diego, and their friendly staff. It is also a great option when you are advised by work to travel on short notice.

On Sunday, I flew from San Diego to Austin for a conference. Upon landing on Sunday afternoon, I learned that the conference organizers had cut back the hours by half.

After spending 70 minutes waiting for a rep on the phone, I learned that I would have to pay $350 to fly home 5 hours earlier today. I took a cab to the airport, hoping they would understand that my conference was affected by COVID-19.

In this case, I read a news story that stated that Southwest is honoring flight changes for those affected by the coronavirus. So, was shocked to learn at airport that they are not being advised to waive fees. Standby is for A listers only. I would owe the difference between what I originally paid last month, and the price of a last minute one-way flight ($576).

The PR spin does not synch w reality, Southwest! It is so not cool to advertise that you never charge change fees when in fact you do.

Good luck to you, Southwest. I had 17,000 miles to go toward A list status, but now will take my business elsewhere.

Written from the Austin airport entrance. I am unable to check my large bag until 4 hours prior. Ugh!

4  Thank LynneKarle
Reviewed 11 March 2020

great flight, being handycapped i used a wheelchair they got me thru to the gate in 15 min. all personal were pleasant and helpful on both ends of the flight was on time

Date of travel: February 2020
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
1  Thank dennisbP8091CD
Reviewed 11 March 2020 via mobile

This was a delightful flight with a great tail wind . The ride was very bumpy but the pilot communicated on a regular basis . The staff could not complete cabin service but were able to quickly get drinks during the last hour . The staff was friendly and helpful .

3  Thank laj2e7
Reviewed 11 March 2020

I have always loved SW, because of their laid back efficiency, but this last flight was the best ever! While I was in Denver, I had a medical emergency and had to cancel my return flight, not knowing how long I was going to have to stay. The day after I was released from the hospital, I called SW at about 8:15 AM to see if they could get me home that same day, 5 Hours later I was HOME! AND, it was a very pleasant flight, on time, no waiting. I LOVE SW AIRLINES!

Date of travel: February 2020
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
3  Thank kasadalace
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.