“Last minute trip”
Review of Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I wad able to nook a trip at the last minute and got a good price. Staff was friendly, airplane tidy and flight on time. There was turbulence but that couldn’t be helped. The flight attendant using the intercom was difficult to understand. The cadence was too fast and annunciation was lacking.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (22,223)

Reviewed 7 December 2017

From beginning to end, a great service. First time I have ever got on a plane with a 'sit where you like' policy, but this seemed to reflect the generally relaxed and friendly nature of the company. A security review in poem form, good free coffee (extra offered) and a comfortable ride. What was not to like?

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 7 December 2017

What a refreshing experience to fly on an airline that allows you to make changes without charge and one that allows you not one but two bags free. On top of that, most cabin attendants are not only friendly but can also be quite funny. I wish they would expand to serve the entire world. It would make me want to travel more.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

My wife and me booked a cruise (sea) with Carnival on 11/12/2017 from Long Beach and booked flight on 11/11/2017 with southwest from Chicago. On 11/11 at 8:25 am while boarded we were told that plane has mechanical problems and need at least one hour or more to be fixed. We had to fly to Long Beach with plane change in Denver ( only one hour to change plane). Then we were given a choice to fly to Baltimore ( east coast) thru Cleveland and from Baltimore to Los Angeles then to Long Beach. We were flying from 9:30 am until 11:30 pm to reach Long Beach without food ( only peanuts and crackers) because we had no time to get food. We lost our upgrade to the hotel in Long Beach to enjoy the day ( suppose to be at Long Beach at 1:30 pm ). We reached the hotel at 11:00 pm local time (1:00am Chicago) exhausted and hungry ). My question is to Southwest Airlines if they can investigate if shorter flight was available that day ( not going from Midwest to east coast then go back crossing the USA back to east coast) for an old couple ( my wife and me ) in the sixties of age.
Still we love Southwest Airlines and we did fly from Las Vegas to Chicago on 11/19/2017 and booked next flight to Orlando on 12/15/17 . We keep flying Southwest Airlines

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I flew on one of the new southwest planes and sat in the very first row. The seat was narrow and I thought there was a problem with that seat, so I moved across to the opposite row. It was also narrow, so I guess I can assume they were all like that. The lady that sat next to me complained aboit the same thing. What are they thinking? The already too compact cabin is now tighter! It wasn't a pleasant ride for me. I love this airline, but now hate this plane.