“Most traumatic experience of my life avoid”
Review of SmartWings

Reviewed 14 May 2024

Just awful.We travelled with Emirates from Birmingham to dubai which was fantastic, however the connection flights we booked with Emirates booked our 2nd flight from Dubai to Sialkot ( Pakistan) with "flydubai" we pulled up to the airline to see a smartwings airplane and was completely confused as to why we was on a smartwings airplane instead of a flydubai plane. As we was so confused we obviously asked the cabin crew if we were on the correct flight as we was, we found out only then that flydubai had started a partnership with smartwings ( never been informed of this at the time of booking only found out when we got taken to the plane!!)

I am a nervous scared flyer, as soon as you walk inside the plane it was in a very bad condition. The cabin crew don't look much better either ( as bad as that may sound its the truth) I know it's a budget airline but you expect something better. We was on a 3 hour flight from dubai to Pakistan and it was a tiny smartwings airplane and no TVs not even one big one at the front. The airplane was just in awful condition I cannot stress this enough, the leather seats were ripped and all sorts I could go on all day. We was traveling as a group of 9 and my nephews seat broke from the back before we even took off!! We was then delayed 1 and a half hours waiting for this to be fixed, someone fixed the seat but was then told by the cabin crew it was " absolutely impossible" for my 14 year old nephew to move back to his seat and he was put in a seat further behind alone, we kept asking but for some reason even though the flight had not even started we was told this was " absolutely impossible". As someone who is scared of flying and used to other airlines such as Emirates I got very upset when a cabin crew member came over with a life jacket for my 5 month old baby who was sat on my lap, I know it sounds dramatic but if you saw the condition and awful state of this airplane and you are already a scared flyer you would also burst into tears. I started crying and the flight attendant was just so rude about it and walked off. Take off on this flight was awful we was sat next to the wing and the plane was making all sorts of noises on take off ( I know planes make noises but this wasn't the good kind) everything on the plane just looked broken I'm not even exaggerating this. Seat belt signs were coming on for turbulence and people where still standing up and cabin crew couldn't even control their passengers, same goes for landing as soon as the plane touched down to land and was still moving on the run way passengers were getting up getting their luggage out and the cabin crew couldn't control this. Honestly if you have any choice please do not fly with this airline. I genuinely was just grateful for my life when we landed because the state and condition of the airplane was so so bad I didn't think I would make it. Again I know it sounds dramatic but until you've been on one of these flights you can't understand. Just avoid at all costs it was the worst experience of my life. As I said I am a nervous scared flyer. Can't even sleep on flights... our return flights home were both Emirates and I was sleeping like a baby on take off and was so relaxed and not even scared of flying anymore because my experience on smartwings was so traumatising and horrific I felt so comfortable and safe on the return flights home.

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 9 April 2024

Me and my family flew with Smartwings from Prague to Marsa Alam. The flight was excellent, the plane was new and clean, the leg room was ideal for this type of flight, the seat was very comfy, the flight took off 40mins delayed. We got a free cup of water on the flight (probably better than nothing), but on board there is an option to buy refreshments with money. I buyed baguet with ham and it was delicious. The MYwingsTV system worked very well. It was a pretty good flight for me personally. I recommend to all.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 20 March 2024

Just normal budget airline I’d say. Checkin was reasonably smooth, everything was reasonably smooth. Can’t say it’s good value for money but I have nothing to complain either. Flight to Prague was delayed by 1.5 hour which I’d say was the worst part. But everything was normal apart from that. Flight back to Dubai was on time.
I guess this is a budget airline (?) so I wasn’t expecting any meal or entertainment. Crew served drinking water twice during the 7 hour flight. Crew service was normal (except they avoid speaking to any customers during the delay time, which I can understand). I actually flied from Hong Kong to Dubai and to Prague, so we were careful about baggage allowance etc. we sent luggage and checked through all the way to Prague (HK-Dubai on Emirates) and the luggage arrived successfully in Prague, which was great.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 24 February 2024

Terrible airline, had a conecting flight in amsterdam, smart Wings was delayed by 45 minutes which made me have to run trough the whole AirPort for my other flight. Pluss my baggage didnt arrive in Oslo with me.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 3 February 2024

Worse flight ever!!!! Seats are like sitting on a rock. Everyone was complaining about the lack of comfort. Staff are the most rude people. They were too busy arguing with each other to bother with the guests. The blonde female attendant was useless. She only wanted to make sure the curtain was pulled so no one could use the front washroom. Would snap at anyone who tried to see if washroom was empty. Was angry when she actually had to walk into the guest area for any reason.
Couldn't understand a word that was being said during emergency briefing and even when pilot would make any announcements. No one knew what was going on.
Luggage was filthy and ripped from mishandling.
Would never fly smartwing or Transat again since transat is who we booked with but they put us on the inferior airline.

Date of travel: January 2024
1  Thank corgee
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.