“Bad experience to a great weekend trip to Prague”
Review of SmartWings

Reviewed 10 September 2023

I booked my flight through an agent which included 8kg trolly and hand luggage.

Smartwings ground crew when checking in to the flight claimed that the flight was full and we're requested to send luggage to the belly of the plane, I kindly refused due to personal items being stolen off me, the flight attended at the ground became quite aggressive and tried to charge me for included luggage I had which unfortunately I had to pay for in order to not get in trouble.

TL;DR

Bad:
- Very aggressive ground crew, which under pressure can be very rude, and impatient,

- Unclear baggage policy, high chance of getting scammed.

- Aircraft cabin is very packed and uncomfortable.

Good:

- Aircrew is nice and helpful.

- Boarding was completed quickly once started.

- The safety briefing was done really professionally

Date of travel: September 2023

Reviewed 9 September 2023

Every year, Smartwings robs holidaymakers from Košice of a day of holiday. The plane takes off from Bratislava at lunchtime to transport the holidaymakers to their holiday. Holidaymakers from BA are swimming in the sea in the afternoon. But as it arrives at the destination to bring the Bratislava people, it flies off to take the holidaymakers to Košice. Every year, Košice is without lunch and they get nothing from the first day because Košice flies into the destination at night. And then they take the holidaymakers back to Bratislava. Bratislava will enjoy lunch and dinner and land at home at night. So every single year for over 15 years now this company has gotten ripped off. I have to travel from Bratislava to really enjoy a full days vacation. And with that 25 year old fleet and the last few years with no food, this is a terrible company. Horrible, smelly, ruined planes. I really don't understand how the travel agency Hydrotour and Satur can book planes from them on a regular basis. I currently have 24 flights with them.

Date of travel: September 2023
1  Thank bestranger22
Reviewed 4 September 2023 via mobile

People please don't go with this airline!!!! I went with another
six friends and they ask to pay for baggage only three of the seven people four people didn't pay this is very very bad service and they stole money from people there's a lot of hate anti-semitism and very bad service

Reviewed 3 September 2023

I, my wife and daughter flew from Funchal, Madeira, to Tel Aviv, on Aug31, 2023, with connection in Prague Vaclav Havel International Airport(please see the attached doc with the eticket numbers and my boarding pass to the latter flight)

When waiting in line for the boarding to the flight number 1286 to the Tel Aviv, at boarding gate B3, I was approached by a company employee, a young blonde bespectacled woman, in her late twenties or perhaps early thirties. She demanded me to pay 55 euros for my trolley. As it's was not fit for the company cage set up near the boarding desk. Then I put off the wheels of the trolley and it fitted perfectly.

After that something unexpected happened. The clerk told me - you leave your wheels here, otherwise you pay, or you ar not flying. It is because I can put the wheels back to the trolley afterwards! As it was not the whole purpose of the detachable wheels!
I won’t comment on her body and face language which hard to prove, but, believe me, it made me shiver.
Then I asked her to call a manager. Another female clerk summoned by her, after a brief conversation, I was allowed to put the wheels into my backpack. When the first clerk told me with the mean face - I gonna weigh your trolley, and if it is over 8 kg you gonna pay!!! It sounded like in a bad action movie! She took a weight with one hand and started to weigh the trolley with one hand. It shown 18. I told her it is in pounds and it should be set to measure in kilograms. She when changed it and it shown 7kg. When I asked her to tell her name to fill complaint, and looked to her badge, she hid it under her uniform jacket and told me to shut up: the exact quote in her broken English is: “I you tell, you not fly" (end of quote). I asked for her name from the alleged “manager”, but the latter told me I can complain to the company management if I like, and this lady is just doing her job(sounds familiar, eh?).

Meanwhile, a crowd of other passenger started to dislike her behavior, so they let me board. All other passengers entered with the trolleys of the same size, and even bigger. They told me I behave like a hero, and with much dignity. But I got a very shocking impression. I am not a prisoner, I am a client! I paid a lot of money, 1350 euros for just this flight(including the checkin baggage and carry on bags) and deserve minimum accepted level of service.

Now, on the first flight, from Funchal to Prague, it took me about 20-30 minutes to checkin my suitcases because they were heavy. I paid for the overweight in advance(see the attached photos, with the receipt numbers) but the clerks in the desk insisted I must pay again since my bags are over 23kg! After 5 times of reiterating that I have paid already, they took my suitcases.

I do not mention here the old aircrafts where a broken table falls off when you unlatch it from the adjacent seat, the water sold for Kronos only, and not for euros, while I am flying from Euro zone to Shekel zone and have no Kronas. And the very hard landing in the Prague, where the plane jumped back after it touch the ground.

Reviewed 3 September 2023

Worst experience in my life. They pushed us to plane. After ten minutes we recieved info that we will have 15min delay due to technical "issue". After 20min another info that we lost slot in traffic and we will have delay another 30mins. Unbeliaveble. After one hour we have finally departed. Never ever with this company.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.