“Very very bad airline”
Review of SmartWings

Reviewed 4 September 2023 via mobile

People please don't go with this airline!!!! I went with another
six friends and they ask to pay for baggage only three of the seven people four people didn't pay this is very very bad service and they stole money from people there's a lot of hate anti-semitism and very bad service

Reviewed 3 September 2023

I, my wife and daughter flew from Funchal, Madeira, to Tel Aviv, on Aug31, 2023, with connection in Prague Vaclav Havel International Airport(please see the attached doc with the eticket numbers and my boarding pass to the latter flight)

When waiting in line for the boarding to the flight number 1286 to the Tel Aviv, at boarding gate B3, I was approached by a company employee, a young blonde bespectacled woman, in her late twenties or perhaps early thirties. She demanded me to pay 55 euros for my trolley. As it's was not fit for the company cage set up near the boarding desk. Then I put off the wheels of the trolley and it fitted perfectly.

After that something unexpected happened. The clerk told me - you leave your wheels here, otherwise you pay, or you ar not flying. It is because I can put the wheels back to the trolley afterwards! As it was not the whole purpose of the detachable wheels!
I won’t comment on her body and face language which hard to prove, but, believe me, it made me shiver.
Then I asked her to call a manager. Another female clerk summoned by her, after a brief conversation, I was allowed to put the wheels into my backpack. When the first clerk told me with the mean face - I gonna weigh your trolley, and if it is over 8 kg you gonna pay!!! It sounded like in a bad action movie! She took a weight with one hand and started to weigh the trolley with one hand. It shown 18. I told her it is in pounds and it should be set to measure in kilograms. She when changed it and it shown 7kg. When I asked her to tell her name to fill complaint, and looked to her badge, she hid it under her uniform jacket and told me to shut up: the exact quote in her broken English is: “I you tell, you not fly" (end of quote). I asked for her name from the alleged “manager”, but the latter told me I can complain to the company management if I like, and this lady is just doing her job(sounds familiar, eh?).

Meanwhile, a crowd of other passenger started to dislike her behavior, so they let me board. All other passengers entered with the trolleys of the same size, and even bigger. They told me I behave like a hero, and with much dignity. But I got a very shocking impression. I am not a prisoner, I am a client! I paid a lot of money, 1350 euros for just this flight(including the checkin baggage and carry on bags) and deserve minimum accepted level of service.

Now, on the first flight, from Funchal to Prague, it took me about 20-30 minutes to checkin my suitcases because they were heavy. I paid for the overweight in advance(see the attached photos, with the receipt numbers) but the clerks in the desk insisted I must pay again since my bags are over 23kg! After 5 times of reiterating that I have paid already, they took my suitcases.

I do not mention here the old aircrafts where a broken table falls off when you unlatch it from the adjacent seat, the water sold for Kronos only, and not for euros, while I am flying from Euro zone to Shekel zone and have no Kronas. And the very hard landing in the Prague, where the plane jumped back after it touch the ground.

Reviewed 3 September 2023

Worst experience in my life. They pushed us to plane. After ten minutes we recieved info that we will have 15min delay due to technical "issue". After 20min another info that we lost slot in traffic and we will have delay another 30mins. Unbeliaveble. After one hour we have finally departed. Never ever with this company.

Reviewed 11 August 2023

Bad service.. very bad.. stuff not nice and not welcoming the numberof the flight was 6H583 11/8/2023

1  Thank Gooooooooooooooooiii
Reviewed 19 July 2023

i always get scared when i read the reviews, but this was my 4th flight with smartwings and everything went well all those times, calm flights and friendly staff

Date of travel: July 2023
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.