“Enjoyed the whole service”
Review of Qatar Airways

Reviewed 19 January 2020 via mobile

Qatar Airways always provides excellent service. The check in is slick and the care and attention provided from that moment onwards is excellent. Lounge in Manchester is a little small but sufficient and comfortable. Advised when flight was boarding and given ample time to walk to gate. Boarding efficient and sat in seat quickly. Staff introduction and welcome drink followed. Anytime dining is great and works very well. Staff incredibly attentive and nothing ever seems a problem. Staff are always on hand and checking whether you require anything yet they never seem to be OTT. Arrival into Doha was straightforward and transfer quick and easy. Lounge in Doha comfortable with plenty of meal options.
The flight from Manchester was on a 777. It was originally a A350 with Q Suite but changed a few weeks before departure. Was looking forward to Q Suite but not a problem. Maybe next time.
Boarding second flight not quite as slick as usual but assume this had something to do with having to catch bus to plane and as we got to gate after boarding had started we had to wait until end before able to board. Welcome drink and introduction all happened as normal but things were a bit more frantic.
The anytime dining worked really well as I was able to request my meal to arrive 1 hour before landing. Slept for most of flight. Bed on A350 sufficiently comfortable. As soon as woke the attentive staff checked whether I required anything. Arrival into Phuket efficient and from exiting plane we were walking out of airport less than 15 minutes later.

• Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (31,254)

Reviewed 18 January 2020

I lost my laptop in Doha Airport. Contacted HIA and Qatar Airways shipped the laptop to Finland (where I live) in less than a week for free. I am so grateful. The service on the flight was also perfect. I was sick during our flight and staff took good care of me.

Reviewed 18 January 2020

What a great airline! We flew from Manchester to Doha then Doha to Columbo. We swapped our TUI flights to allow us to fly from Manchester, which only cost around £68 each. Once we had flights confirmed we could log in to Qatar website, where you can pick your seat and even your meal for free! You get 30kg each luggage allowance too. Although we only flew economy class, there is plenty of room between seats. I’m 5’11” and could stretch my legs fully. I believe there is around an extra 4” pitch between seats on their 777’s.
On the flight, the cabin crew are smart and polite. We had a main meal which is much better quality than standard charter flight meals, and you get proper stainless cutlery. There is also another light snack later in the flight. All alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks are complimentary and you can have as many as you like. You also get snacks with your drinks. Coffee is made fresh. Every passenger has a fresh pillow, blanket and travel pack on their seat when they first board. The cabin and toilets are spotless and toilets have bottles of room freshener available to keep them smelling sweet. What pleasant change from the normal charter flights! Every seat has its own tv with remote control which is also used for the computer games. There is even 1 hour free wifi!

Date of travel: December 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 18 January 2020 via mobile

We relocated from Ecuador to Qatar, and the flights purchased by the hiring company included a flight from Madrid to Doha.
We travelled with the whole family, wife, two months old son and a cat.
I got the tickets just two or three days before departure due to Visa issues. I had consulted with a vast number of veterinarians regarding all the paperwork and preparation to travel with our cat. This wasn't our first flight with the cat, we actually adopted it in Mongolia, and that cat had already travelled in cabin successfully to Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, Colombia, Ecuador and Spain. I tried contacting the airline several times to double check that all paperwork, vaccination and other preparations were ready to travel with our cat in cabin, as I had done before, and out of the nearly 50 attempts to contact them, only twice they answered my calls, leaving me hanging on a answering machine for 20 minutes each time (international calls, by the way). They finally said that all was in order.
Once in Spain, we got to the counter for check in, they separated us from the line to check on the cat's paperwork, and suddenly they changed their minds because "only falcons can travel in cabin kn Qatar Airways, all other animals must travel in cargo".
Ok, I said, let me purchase the proper kennel and other things necessary as per airline request. Finally, they said the cat could not travel because for it to travel in cargo there was one missing paper, an import permit no one ever told us about. We ended up leaving our cat in a rescue home in Madrid and paying a pet import service once we were settled in Doha, which costed me nearly 3000 USD out of my own pocket because of their lousy costumer service when it comes to travelling with pets other than falcons. I must add our cat almost died of stress, and took him almost 3 months after we received him to recover emotionally. This is unforgivable.
As for the airline itself, nice airplanes, nice cabin staff and good food, however impossible to enjoy due to the emotional trauma they put us through.

Date of travel: August 2019
2  Thank hmoy24677
Reviewed 18 January 2020

Was I nerve about doing a long haul flight deciding on the right airline at an affordable price, choosing the right seats, etc etc since this was my first long haul flight in years and I was not as young as I used to be. Check in were a breeze, the all staff and flight attendants we very friendly, helpful and welcoming, good on board food and seats comfortable and plenty of leg room. I had checked out seat sizing on seat guru before booking our flight to know which airlines and planes had the most room and Qatar meet the requirements. I also worked out when I wanted to arrive in London which meant a nighttime flight which was good, we made certain we got on the plane really tired ready to sleep, pillows and blankets provided along with a little wash bags with toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. Got on board, put my headphones on listerned to music and went off to sleep, any time I woke their seemed to be a flight attendant roaming around offering drinks or snacks. 21 hours flying after tranfering to a new flight in Doha went quite quickly. We stopped at Doha coming home for a couple of days. We felt really safe just make sure you dress accordingly and respect their laws and customs, a very clean city. We are certainly flighly Qatar airways again The tips I would give if its your first time flying long haul in years 1. Drink plenty water etc before, during and after the flight. 2. Buy a neck pillow, use it to stop your head dropping forwards while sleeping. 3. Look at night flights which seemed to allow your body clocks to adjust easy to the time difference. 4. If your feet swell check out compression stocking they might be expenses but they were worth it. Enjoy your travels.

Date of travel: January 2020
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.