“Unbelievable ”
Review of Primera Air

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Flight out was good. On the new A321 and very good. The flight back way delayed for 14 hours. A shambles at the airport with only 3 staff to try and accommodate 300 people. Got our own hotel and waited 90 minutes for our bags. Next day turned up and got on Board a 30 year old + 757 with ashtrays. The plane had a foul smell coming from the vents and people where holding perfume testers under there noses to drown the smell. This isn’t just a trip advisor rant. The plane smelt of urine and poo. Shocker.

3  Thank Carl S

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I've flown of most airlines who operate transatlantic routes, but this time opted to fly with a newcomer to the scene, Primera Air.

The offer of a £99 one way flight from Stansted to Newark seemed too good to be true, and in hindsight I probably wouldn't make the same mistake again.

The website led you to believe you'd fly on brand new A321neo aircraft, but due to a delay in delivering them, Primera Air have opted to wet lease a 28-year old Boeing 752-200 to fly this route from American company National Airlines - plane code N176CA.

I tracked this flight regularly in the weeks leading up to my own, and it was clear this plane was unsuitable for the route with many long delays and cancellations to flight PF41 to Newark and PF42 to Stansted.

That Primera Air have to run this route with 1 aging aeroplane that has suffered mechanical problems is appalling, however much the customer might have paid.

My own flight was due to leave Stansted at 17.55 on 26/06, but eventually left at 22.48, just under 5 hours delayed.The flight should have landed Newark at 21.20 local time, but arrived at 01.35 on 27/06.

The B752-200 is a horrible plane to run on a long journey. It is a 3-3 configuration with a narrow aisle. There is nowhere for you to get up from your seat to stretch your legs due to the narrow aisle, and no area for the customers to stand.

It was all very claustrophobic and made for an uncomfortable journey.

If I was the CAA I would remove Primera Air licence to operate this route until they finally have delivery of their A321 aircraft. The plane they have leased clearly cannot cope with the daily grind of a trip to and from Newark every day.

I guess for £99 one way I shouldn't complain, but it was a horrible experience.

6  Thank Crows1
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a relaxing flight from Birmingham to New York with return. The seat was very comfortable, there was ample legroom and everywhere was clean. There isn't any in flight entertainment and the flight mode didn't work on my phone but I remembered to bring a book, grabbed a newspaper and listened to my mp3 player. The food is your typical airline fare - I had the chicken meal, it wasn't Michelin star stuff but it did the job. The price came to £379 which I felt was a bargain considering the distance involved. Well done Primera Air.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Philip M
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very spacious, and clean. Flight attendants professional and helpful. Unfortunately I did not take the name of one in particular who patiently listened, trying to clarify the question we had about the flight itinerary.
There was no delay flying to Newark, coming back there was one hour delay. This was as a result of weather conditions (a storm)
I would again fly Primera air

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank junedube351
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Not sure what to expect for the money paid was pleasantly surprised . Flight was well organised with priority boarding ,left on time and arrived on time, staff entertaining and friendly .
So bonus all round if i’m to make one small criticism it would be to say there is no priority line at check in or online check in Other airlines provide this to speed up the boring queue process if priority boarding is brought .
Having said that i will definitely use the Primera

1  Thank Ktrouble1