“Staff clueless about visa requirements”
Review of Oman Air

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While the Omani embassy clearly specified action required by us to get visas on arrival at Muscat for both me and my spouse, the ground handling staff in Nairobi, and the immigration staff in Muscat had no clue about the existence of such rules. Despite showing both these staff the email printout from the embassy, they wasted a lot of our time at both airports of departure and arrival.
Otherwise the flight was uneventful

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (2,751)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently flew to Bangkok via Muscat on a business trip. I must admit that I was a little wary due to some poor reviews. But Wow..... Oman Air delivered a cracking service on all fronts.
The staff at the booking desks were very well turned out, professional and courteous.
The business Class Lounges at Heathrow, Muscat and Bangkok were well staffed, well stocked very well presented and comfortable.
The 787 Dreamliners are a fantastic aircraft. Well kitted out with excellent passenger compartments. They are also quietest aircraft I've flown in.. The Seat Beds are a great size and super comfortable. The cabin staff were attentive, didn't miss a beat and the meals were excellent on all 4 legs of the flights.
I would choose Oman Air if they were an option for destinations in future.

1  Thank Ray A
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was a 2 nights and 3 days trip to muscat, therefore I need to rest a bit in air/plane. The seat is clean and good, entertainment is decent, Service were very nice. It's a direct flight to Muscat from Jakarta, therefore this was a perfect flight for me.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The journey during flight is pleasant and good. The seat legroom is good. The movies selection is only average and the food quality should be improved.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Mazhar (check in agent) was beyond considerate during check-in. He made for a smooth and seamless checkin, and gave assistance when I was struggling with my luggage.
Perfect and kind service - not every day you get someone like this at the airport. He gave a perfect impression on behalf of Oman Air's overall service.

His supervisor made for an awkward and stressful situation for the checkin staff as I was leaving the desk (hence 4/5*)..