“Uncomfortable flight”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Our day flight out to Vancouver was OK but our return flight was very uncomfortable. We left Vancouver at approx. 2 o'clock in the afternoon in Economy class. The gentleman in front of my husband fully reclined his seat which greatly restricted my husband's space and movement (perhaps there should be a limit on how far back one can recline without obstructing the person behind?). The weather was excellent and, of course, bright sunshine at 36,000+ feet. We were to fly in sunlight all the way to Frankfurt due to passing through different time zones but, body-clock wise, during our Canadian time night hours, and would have expected people to wish to sleep at, say, 10 p.m. However, at 4 p.m. the crew told all passengers to lower the window shutters, plunging the whole plane into darkness apart from the individual spotlights. When we queried this (we don't normally go to bed at 4 p.m.!) we were told that some passengers wanted to sleep. Replying that we ourselves didn't want to sleep at 4 p.m. and there were probably others who didn't, we were told that we'd have to face complaints from other passengers if we kept the shutters open. The crew were "politely" insistent and so we complied. The result was a flight of, by then, 9 hours out of a total of 11, in what I can only describe as a "flying coffin" - dark and claustrophobic. The transfer flight down to Athens was a "normal" one but I'm afraid Lufthansa have lost our custom. My husband has contacted the airline, asking why crew said that shutters should be closed at 4 p.m. in the afternoon, rather than the normal average bedtime of, say, 10 p.m. We await their reply.

1  Thank jeanmertzanakis
Write a ReviewReviews (24,900)

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Generally, I'm pretty happy with Lufthansa. We use them to fly everywhere. This was a short flight, so there was little service, but everyone was nice.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I flew with Lufthansa in June 2018 from Turkey to US and as expected I was very satisfied with the flight, service and especially the on-time arrival. The plane from our stop-over airport Munich to Boston was a brand new Airbus with several upgrades. I definitely recommend Lufthansa.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Service was friendly, the food - well, it is airline food.... - but not inedible.
Entertainment system and selection was great, the flight was on time -
no complaints.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

LH uses a 747 400 series. I had forgotten what it was like. At one time I tried always to fly 747's. LH has not changed in other ways. Boarding is chaotic, cattle like boarding process that turns into to stampede to get onboard. The service on board was great but the noise level made sleeping on the 8 hour plus flight impossible.