“Seats were a little tight on knee space but recline was ample and service and meals were great.”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 31 May 2018

This was my first experience with Lufthansa and as long as I dont have to deal with Edelweiss again I will definitely use them for overseas travel.

1  Thank MzesDW
Write a ReviewReviews (21,940)

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I usually pick Lufthansa for flights to Germany. Their online check-in process is quick & easy. This time I was able to change our crummy assigned middle seats to a much more comfortable row with only 2 seats. Consequently our flight was very pleasant. The flight attendants were very friendly and our plane took off on time and landed early. Lufthansa is always a reliable option.

1  Thank Hexy
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I get to expect this from Lufthansa staff, but the lady on the Senator Lounge desk in Berlin Tegel Airport tops the lot! I can rant forever but she was so dismissive, unhelpful and condescending when I politely asked about a typically delayed Lufthansa flight. This really lets the whole airline down, and moreover, they don’t care!

1  Thank Intellian
Reviewed 30 May 2018

I have flown with Lufthansa quite a few times, every time in Economy. They are a decent international airlines. Service is standard. I never had any surprises (good or bad). The leg space is little less but sitting aisle always works for me. Food they provide is decent, nothing too great. Inflight entertainment has good selection of content however, the touch screen does not respond well, one needs to keep touching it for long to make a selection. Overall good experience.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

*This is a review on Lufthansa CityLine®. I thought this would be the right place to leave a review for it as it is still Lufthansa.

As every check-in desk at Marseille-Provence International Airport in Hall B, the Lufthansa check-in desks had no lines. That's probably because I came a bit later to the airport, but it seems a bit fishy that every other check-in desk had nearly no que. Check-in was a quick process, which meant I would have more time to eat something before security. Lufthansa departs at Terminal 1, which is much nicer, more renovated, more spacious and has a better impression than Terminal 2, which is for budget airlines(Easyjet, Ryanair, Pagasus etc.).

After clearing security and customs, the gate wasn't that far away. The problem with the Marseille - Munich flight is that there is a turnaround at Marseille, and the incoming flight was delayed, which meant our flight was delayed. In fact, the baggage handlers only started getting baggage off the plane when we were meant to start boarding. In the end, boarding started at departure time, a 30 minute delay.

The first impression of the Lufthansa Embrearer 195 was a little strange, with the cabin crew crammed into the passage to the cockpit, the weird placing of lavatories and strange seat arrangements (2 - 2). It was boiling hot in the cabin as the pilot had probably turned off the AC accidentally and the light was completely booked out. However, when boarding had finished and push-back had begun, the cabin crew started making their announcements. And those announcements where never in French! It is not guaranteed that French passengers could also speak German or English.

As soon as the seat-belt sign was turned off after takeoff, the cabin crew came around delivering the strange Lufthansa short-haul snacks: Cheese/Salami and salad sandwiches. I was quite disappointed that there was no vegan option. There was also only 1 drinks service in the flight, right at the beginning. I was actually expecting 2.

The seats on-board Lufthansa short haul flights are relatively standard. A black leather(ugh) seat with no included pillows and reclinable. You do technically get 2 seat-back pockets though.

One of my personal least favourite things about Lufthansa is that:
a) They remind you to read the safety card before landing as an emergency could occur.
b) The cabin crew do seem to have a language weakness

However, Lufthansa cabin crew are very friendly.