“Lovely staff”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 24 January 2022

We travelled from Heathrow to Schipol then onwards to Quito. The staff on board were always smiling and chatty. I paid extra for leg room.
The email sent out saying that a PCR test was needed to board the plane on the return journey was confusing and incorrect. I nearly paid 220 dollars for tests I didnt need. Not everyone has a smartphone with good WiFi abroad so all details should be sent prior to departure and only sent again if changes are made in the meantime.
I would use KLM again though as the journey was good.

1  Thank buckets1969
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, Social Media Representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2022

I am glad to read that we were able to make your trip with us a pleasant one. I appreciate your feedback regarding our staff and i's glad that you liked our services. Thank you for your time and continued patronage, and hope to see you aboard our flights again soon.

Write a reviewReviews (31,660)

Reviewed 23 January 2022

It's been a complete nightmare to get KLM to take care of the complaint below!
First I sent a message through Facebook on the 14th of December, 3 days after I received the answer saying that I should sending it through the following link:
So I made it (which was registered under reference C-4676428) and then I was told that the right place to send for the e-mail! e-service.uk@klm.com. Then I sent several e-mails to that address for weeks and guess what, never received an answer!

I made the booking LLZ46R on the 9th of December and approved the payment through my bank App. Even though I didn't get an e-mail with the confirmation of the booking, I could see the booking in my KLM account (file attached)

On the 12th December I sent a message to KLM through Facebook asking for my confirmation e-mail and I received the following message: "Your booking with booking code LLZ46R has been automatically canceled by our systems as no payment has been received. If you would like me to still provide you with this option, just let me know or try again via the website or KLM App."

This answer it's totally unacceptable because I was never told that my booking was canceled and KLM has my phone number and e-mail address!! Plus, the booking was canceled because according to my bank (Lloyds Bank), KLM never applied for the payment and the payment was pending in my account for more than 1 week!!

So I was forced to make a new booking (MWVIG5) and paid for the same flight £510.62 instead of £406.52! So I'm trying to file a complaint for all this mess and request a voucher of the difference between my first booking LLZ46R and the new one MWVIG5 of £104.10. But nobody on KLM bothers to answer,

I understand that the price of a ticket fluctuates based on different factors, but it was because of KLM that I had to make a new booking many days after.

I'm still waiting for an answer, otherwise I will have to cancel my flight and my wife's flight too.
SO IF YOU THINK YOU WILL GET ANY ISSUE SOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY BETTER FORGET.

• In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
KLM_Royal_Dutch1, Social Media Representative at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2022

I regret to learn of this unfortunate experience. To further assist you, I kindly invite you to contact my colleagues via any of our Social Media channels (Messenger, WhatsApp, Twitter, or WeChat) and provide your booking information so that proper attention may be given to this. In the meantime, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 23 January 2022

KLM does does another money making con again
-KLM offers free booking cancellation before certain date.
-Customer books before date, then ask asks for refund due to change in plans
-Customer waits 2 weeks for refund, gets initial email but booking is still on schedule
-Customer decides not to wait anymore and wants to use the flghts instead of waiting for refund to book another
-KLM tells customer not to use flights as refund already initiated.
-Customer waits 3 weeks and KLM says not eligible for refund
-KLM makes money, customer lose time and money.
SCAM!

• In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding

I regret to learn of this unfortunate experience. I truly understand how frustrating and inconvenient this must have been for you. In this case, I kindly advise you to file a claim through Customer Care on our website. Alternatively, you can contact my colleagues through our social media channels (Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp) for further assistance.

I hope that despite all the nuances, you will still consider us for your future travels.

Reviewed 23 January 2022

KLM seems to always have good service and staff. Never have been disappointed. Connected from a horrible Delta flight to KLM. Boarding was on time, easy and very quick. Once in the plane , we called the flight attendant as the seat buckle and armrest was sticky. She went for some cleaning cloth but came back and said someone spilled a drink and it wasn’t cleaned properly so she move us up to the front of the plane. They served an egg salad sandwich on the short flight. It was more filling and tasty then the garbage Delta served from Alanta. The pilot was tally during the flight giving information . Exiting the plane the entire crew, pilots and all, stood by the door thanking us for flying KLM and to have a good day. Super nice. I have flown KLM over the years about 50 times both long and short haul. Never a once was I disappointed. Thank you KLM.

1  Thank ln400

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with us. I'm glad that our brand of service has left a good impression on you and we shall strive to live up to that expectation in all your future travels with us. Thank you for the feedback as well, much appreciated!

Reviewed 20 January 2022

The flight attendants were like horrible teenagers laughing at my mother who had an accident before the flight. My worst experience at an airport ever.

Date of travel: December 2021
1  Thank michaelbT8856GL
KLM_Royal_Dutch, Social Media Agent at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2022

I regret to read your unfortunate experience at the airport. Thank you for your time to share your feedback as this is helpful to further improve our services. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.