“Clean and On time”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This airline was clean and prompt and helpful . Very happy with their service.. Food was pretty good..

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff was incredible, kind, fun and thoughtful. I would prefer to fly KLM whenever possible. The food was constant and delicious. I watched 3 movies and enjoyed every minute of the flight from Amsterdam and Minneapolis.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Honestly I am a big fan of KLM and Flying Blue in general. They have started to get on my nerves with changes and the customer service I have started to receive.

I fly long haul flights at least once, sometimes twice a year, which is not enough to climb in their loyalty program. I am starting to feel rather irked by this. Surely, after 7+ years of flying with an airline I should be treated better than someone who simply signs up that day? First thing they did which I completely disagree with is charging for selection of normal economy seats at the time of purchase... I'm sorry but first come first serve. If I purchase a ticket the absolute LEAST you can do is allow me to pick seats that are available at that time??

Fine, so they started charging a long time customer for seat selection, despite my pleas for them not to do so. The on my most recent trip I had an issue with check-in because the automated system wouldn't accept my passport entry, and nobody could solve my problem short of going to the airport early, which meant I couldn't select a seat (since they have now started charging for them). When I had one of the most uncomfortable flights of my life to Amsterdam I went to client services to ask for a possible seat upgrade (as I could see there were several availabilities). While I understand that not everybody can expect an upgrade, the klm agent simply replied 'no' and that was that.

I have already started looking for an alternative airline. Perhaps one that will treat me as well as I have KLM (recommendations etc).

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew the return leg from Shanghai to Edinburgh via Amsterdam. The comfort and service is so much better than their codeshare partner, China Southern.
The plane was clean and, although I'm not tall, I had plenty leg room. Two meals were served during the 12 hour flight plus a snack. On each occasion there was a choice of European or Chinese. Each meal was hot and tasty.
There was a good range of English language movies and music. Most were very current, which wasn't my personal taste, but that's down to me rather than the airline.
Headphones were provided but they were very poor and didn't shut out much background noise and sound quality was poor. Take your own.
Overall - good value and comfortable, with good service. I wouldn't hesitate to to use again. However, the outbound leg to Beijing was with a codeshare (China Southern). Try and avoid codeshares and stick with KLM.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

WOW! I was very surprised. KLM flies to Israel with extremely old planes. This is almost a 5 hour flight, they should fly with more updated planes. Since those planes are from the 70's there are not inflight entertainment. I asked for Kosher food and they did not even unfroze the food. My recommendation is that if you are flying to Israel from Europe to take British Airways. British Airways fly with newer planes and the service is much better.

2  Thank judith896