“All round ok experience, but a few disappointments”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 30 June 2018

As the title says, my JAL experience was ok - neither good nor bad. As a Premium Economy flight, it delivered the leg room, but the seat was not particularly comfortable, the pillow flimsy, my video system had a few problems, and I found the meals acceptable but uninspiring.

I was hoping to start my trip with some Japanese inspired meals, but PE shares the same menu as Economy, and with Spaghetti Bolognese as the default main meal for one occasion, the menu was, overall, disappointing. They need much more of a Japanese theme to their meals.

There was no priority queue to board the flight, but to my surprise the ticket did include access to the Qantas Business Class Lounge in Sydney, which was a great start, as we felt very relaxed and somewhat privileged!

I'm not sure I'd fly JAL again, as it was clearly inferior to my PE experience with Cathay Pacific in late 2017.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,929)

Reviewed 30 June 2018

I was flying home with my loved one who was receiving cancer treatment overseas and the flight staff were very attentive, listened to our concerns, and provided a special pillow to relieve his pain. At the end of the flight, several attendants came to say goodbye and well wishes, even gave us a special gift of origami crane necklace they handmade during the flight. Moved me to tears.

3  Thank Elyse Y
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

One of the best airlines that I have used to fly to Japan. Price is reasonable, cabin crew friendly and welcoming. Food is good too. Nothing much to complain

1  Thank Muhammad J
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Very good wine selection, good food presented with artistic flare, friendly and attentive crew, and excellent entertainment selection. Restrooms remained spot less during flight. Also flight offered an assortment of anytime meals in case you got hungry.

1  Thank Thomas V
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The staff was very kind and always happy to help and very profesional, diversity for the meals and also Japan is one of the most diverse countries.

1  Thank Bogdan R