“Excellent Airline”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We travelled with JAL again after our last two trips to Japan because they were so good. This time we were going through to London as an experiment to see if it minimised jetlag. It did, and we hit the ground running in London. The second and third legs of our trip,Tokyo to London and return to Tokyo were also very good. The best thing, apart from the service on JAL, is their Premium Economy seats. They are in a shell so that you never lean back into someone else's space and they don't lean their seats back into yours.

2  Thank flathead53
Write a ReviewReviews (5,411)

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Flew JAL roundtrip JFK-SIN via NRT/HAN. Upgraded at JFK to premium economy for first leg, rest of trip was in economy. Service was generally excellent throughout the experience. Boarding was orderly, check-in counters efficient. Premium economy is not really worth the upgrade though. Food is a little better and you can have champagne, but the footrest of the seat is awkward. I could not find a good sleeping position at any point during the flight. JAL's regular economy has such generous pitch, comfortable seats, and good food that premium economy feels superfluous. I slept better in three legs of coach than one of premium economy.

1  Thank 535natep
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The JAL lounge gets very busy in the hours prior to this flight leaving. I was annoyed when I requested use of a shower. I was was told there was over a 90 min wait for the showers which put the vacant time at the same time as my boarding. With 10 mind to go I enquired again and was now told that there was at least another 20 min wait. The member of staff running this apologised but offered no alternative. So I enquired at the front desk and they suggested I try the American Airlines lounge. So I rushed over there, found their lounge empty and was able to have a shower before my flight. Why did JAL staff not tell me of this option sooner. The flights themselves were good. I found the seat comfortable. I recommend odd row seats a and K as these are the good window seats. JAL use the BA lounge is Boston which was good. Funny that the jumper was offered on the day flight to Boston but not on the return flight from Boston. Ask and it might be offered. All flight crew were delightful.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Their flight crew service is excellent.....the stewardesses are always polite, attentive and always serve with a smile not like other airlines.
The check-in counter staff attitude to their work is excellent.

1  Thank tsbrissy
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I am writing this as we're still over the Pacific as we were handed free wifi access codes when we took our seats. While it's not super fast, it's nice not be charged for it, especially when flying first class. Check in at JFK was a breeze. Very friendly staff had us on our way in less than 5 minutes. She then walked us to a special lounge adjacent to security. There two helpful airport employees helped us remove our electronic devices and carried them to the front of the security line. A special TSA employee checked our passports an boarding passes. Not sure how this works- I guess the airline pays for this service. Shortly after take off we were given very comfortable pajamas and a nice amenity kit. The seats are wide and soft leather and will be made up into a bed anytime you request it. What was nice is they lay out a soft cushion and provide a down comforter. The lie flat bed is over 6 feet and I was able to stretch out very comfortably. The Japanese set menu for lunch was delicious. There were a number of small dishes followed by the main course and a wonderfully sublime dessert. The cabin staff is always smiling and are always ready to provide anything you want. The bathrooms are cleaned each time someone uses it. Overall, this has been a very positive experience.

2  Thank lislander