“Uncomfortable Business Class Seats”
Review of Finnair

Reviewed 17 June 2024

I like Finnair a lot and have made a number of flights into and out of Helsinki. Their domestic lounge has to be one of the worst around and always over-crowded but they seemed to have corrected in the newish business lounge in International. The A350 aircraft are great BUT the new business class seat has to be one of the worst and most uncomfortable. You have two options; sit upright or lay flat as the seat does not operate mechanically ( a cost saving and removes some problems) but it was very uncomfortable and put me off. The seat looks great, has plenty of places to put stuff but at a cost of customer sleep and comfort.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
4  Thank Oldjack

Reviewed 16 June 2024

I selected Finnair due to their schedule. Helsinki is a quick transfer hub. But problems started already at check-in. Could not check-in on all legs of the trip doing it online , had to go to bagage counter to fix it. Seats were automatic and you get no choice or option to change it unless you pay. I did not like to sit in the aisle seat. The n onboard on the long-haul the standard of the food was so poor that not even charter airlines would dare to serve it. Small tiny paper boxes with a tiny portion , no bread , totally dried up and tasteless. For a 13.5 hour flight you are hungry arriving. The same result on way back. The seats were fine but service concept is way below any reason.
Never Finnair long-haul again.

Date of travel: May 2024
2  Thank per b
Reviewed 15 June 2024

Traveling to Zurich my cheked-in luggage was misplaced (plus they were late again but that is the least of my problems). As I learned from other Finnish passengers on the plane, that their luggage did not arrive, it is a “common” thing for Finnair that has happened before to them. As I had a business meeting next morning, I could not wait for the luggage to be located and sent to Zurich, I had to buy business clothes at the airport that evening. When sending the receipts to get compensated for my costs which is even required by law, I was told Finnair only gives up to 50 euros in these cases regardless of the situation or cost incurred for passenger. When I replied and complained of course, the response was "this our final decision" and that I have the clothes to keep now that have value. Also calling Finnair to talk to someone is not possible. Every time I called the number, I was put on hold indefinitely and at some point it disconnects.

I am a very frequent flyer and what I have learned is when all goes well every airline in the world is a good airline. It is when something goes wrong that you realize what kind of airline it is. Truly, what a disgrace especially for a national airline carrier. I will not be using Finnair again. I cannot risk having situations like this and getting that treatment and costs after.

2  Thank Nikolaos R
Reviewed 14 June 2024

Really rude woman at check in desk when there was a problem, didn't expect that. Bad way to speak to a customer. Completely unnecessary

• Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Liam G
Reviewed 11 June 2024

Punctual + good service. The flight was delayed quite a bit because of weather issues in Dallas, but even Finnair can't control the weather, so the delay was nobody's fault and Finnair handled the circumstance well.

I'll give 4 out of 5 because wanted to add a side note that if you fly to America and have a connecting flight, Dallas during spring time is not the best hub because they often have thunders storms during this period. So, if possible, in the future I will use JFK, Chicago, Phoenix, LAX instead of Dallas.

Date of travel: June 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.