“Would recommend”
Review of Finnair

Reviewed 11 June 2024

Punctual + good service. The flight was delayed quite a bit because of weather issues in Dallas, but even Finnair can't control the weather, so the delay was nobody's fault and Finnair handled the circumstance well.

I'll give 4 out of 5 because wanted to add a side note that if you fly to America and have a connecting flight, Dallas during spring time is not the best hub because they often have thunders storms during this period. So, if possible, in the future I will use JFK, Chicago, Phoenix, LAX instead of Dallas.

Date of travel: June 2024

Reviewed 9 June 2024

Poor services Finnair. 8 June 2024. Saat check in dan timbang luggage, petugas langsung memasukkan 2 luggage ke dalam tanpa terlebih dahulu memberitahu bahwa extra luggage (cabin luggage) dikenakan biaya. Luggage sudah masuk ke dalam, petugas baru memberitahu kena biaya hampir 200 euro! Kalau luggage mau dikeluarkan, butuh waktu 1 jam. Sementara pesawat tidak lama lagi boarding. Terpaksa membayar dengan kesal. Not recommended at all.

Trapped for Paying almost 200euro for extra baggage (cabin baggage). 8 June 2024. Information to pay is given after the baggage entering in the conveyor belt. The ground staff must inform earlier! But it is not! If it had been told previously, I would have taken the cabin baggage to the cabin instead rather than paying nearly 200euro.

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank indrasis515
Reviewed 7 June 2024

The first impression was actually not very good: Wow, there's not much space here for a 7-hour flight!
On closer inspection, the seat distance was not as bad as feared, but there is NOT much legroom, Finnair economy can't be recommended for the long-legged!
Fortunately, the service improves the overall impression a lot: Really delicious food, lots of free drinks (also beer and wine) and a small snack service at the end of the trip.
Fine entertainment regarding TV, series and music, but I missed the very latest, I didn't find anything newer than 2022.
There was plenty of staff to make it all run easily and smoothly, but they ran a bit on the routine.

Date of travel: May 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 3 June 2024

BA bumped out to Finnair to return to the UK from Japan. If we thought our flight with BA out had been sub par, this was before flying back with Finnair.
This would be a zero star review had it not been for the staff on board who were all great. The airlines only saving grace.
Where to start with the rest?
Seats. I’ve sat on more comfortable seats on Himalayan buses in India.
These make Ryan Air and other low budget European airlines look plush. Finnair think this is reasonable for long haul 14hr flights. I wonder if any of the management who’ve made decisions on seating budget/ design have ever attempted to sit in one for 14hrs. Doubt they would do it more than once if so.
Food. Can you call it that? I wouldn’t feed what we were served to my dogs. Appalling doesn’t touch it and, again, be interested to know whether the management have eaten this. Not fit for human consumption.
We now await our transit flight in the hope that out luggage makes it to Heathrow. At this point, I’m not holding my breath.

Date of travel: June 2024
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Mojomenon
Reviewed 31 May 2024

The worst airline I have ever flown 2 meal in13.5 hours the first you could not call a meal The second main I needed a magnifie glass to see the starter Then they fly you with another airline the first or last leg in Economy
Then they never answered any emails of complaint DO NOT FLY THEM

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Howard B
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.