“Good standard”
Review of Finnair

Reviewed 17 May 2024

Traveled with Finnair from Prague to Vaasa (via Helsinki) and back. All flights were on time, crew always friendly. No complimentary food/drinks except water/blueberry juice. On airbus segments, seat pitch in row 8 was really generous, row 13 rather average (maybe slightly below). ATR operated segments had generous legroom. Price was rather higher. PRG-HEL flights were half empty. No chance to get exit row for free, if you want one, you have to pay for it (that is correct, there are rules to follow). No problems with luggage or tickets itself. Cabin was clean and well maintained.

Reviewed 17 May 2024

Nine family members and I travelled from Los Angeles, California, to Wroclaw, Poland. The service and food on the plane were satisfactory. However, the customer service experience was exceedingly poor. Our baggage was lost, and no airline personnel could assist us. They simply stated, "We do not know where your baggage is." When we attempted to contact them via phone or chat, the service was nonexistent, like dealing with a ghost company. We were compelled to physically visit the airport on multiple occasions to obtain any information.

The staff at the airport counter in England and Poland were exceptionally rude and demonstrated a complete lack of friendliness.

1  Thank Marisol F
Reviewed 17 May 2024

Great experience. Booked 3 weeks in advance only and had a competitive price and flight time. Friendly service. They assisted me with everything. Clear communication. The pricing of the inflight more expensive but they try to offset their cheaper prices I guess. Just bring snacks. Can only recommend the airline.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 14 May 2024

FinnAir, and their evil twin FinnAvia focus on cost-cutting, not their customers.
Case in point: April 23rd 2024. I stayed overnight to catch the early (07:40 dep.) AY1411 flight to Frankfurt. ETA 09:20 would give me plenty of time to change over to my 17:40 flight from FRA to Toronto. But FailAir had other ideas: the plane did not get a starting slot for five (5!) hours, during which we were held prisoner in their metal tube and every hour the captain came through on the tannoy, saying we might leave in an hour. It never happened. The captain said he had ordered food & drinks for us. Finnair never delivered these. Instead, we were given water and a dry biscuit each. A seemingly frustrated captain also told us that Finnavia (because it never snows in Finland - as it did that morning) had only cleared one runway, had had only one deicer available for ALL flights that morning.
After 5 hours waiting, the plane developed an electrical fault and FinnAir cancelled the flight.
To add insult to injury, FailAir then rebooked me to go via Munich to arrive in Frankfurt 12 hours late (21:00). Yet, as if that was not bad enough, the flight to Munich was 2 hours delayed, so I queued again at the transfer desk - who now inexplicably put me on the next direct flight to Frankfurt. Though, arriving after 7pm, I still missed my flight to Toronto.
That was not the only thing I missed. My luggage never arrived. In fact, the late Frankfurt flight had quite a number of those originally booked for the early morning flight. "Yes", we were told, "all your luggage is still in Helsinki".

Any surprise then that their customer "service" is so busy that my claim will only be looked at in "2-4 weeks time". But then, FailAir never employed more agents there either, as I know from experience: damaged luggage last year, luggage which was not loaded onto the plane - that has happened to often to count.

So, now I dread flying from Helsinki and, were it not too often the only way to escape Finland, would never willingly chose to fly FinnAir. If you can use an alternative: do!

Date of travel: April 2024
4  Thank Mtlps
Reviewed 14 May 2024

Not quite sure what Qantas is thinking. Maybe the Qantas brand doesn't count for much these days. Qantas has leased 2 x A330 from Finnair and I traveled on one last night from Bangkok to Sydney in Business Class.

I was honestly looking forward to it.

But the seats??? Non reclining seats in Business class. You either sit bolt upright, or make up the bed and lay flat. No in between. For anyone with a bad back it's a killer. No lumber suport at all, and no way to ease back to watch a movie. Sit upright, or lay flat. I was almost tempted to swap for an economy seat.

Without doubt, the worst business class seat I have come across.

Was there anything positive about the flight? OK the staff were nice.

The food, not very good, the soup was cold and the food just generally lacked that Qantas business class quality.

Sadly Qantas are trashing their brand on Internatinal flights these days.
Flying to Europe from Australia most of the flights seem to be code share now.
So now I just fly Emirates.

Is Qantas becoming a 'shell' airline Internationly, merely using other airlinews aircraft?

I would not fly this sector again with Qantas.........

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.