“Qantas now provides non reclining Business Class seats, coutesy of Finnair.”
Review of Finnair

Reviewed 14 May 2024

Not quite sure what Qantas is thinking. Maybe the Qantas brand doesn't count for much these days. Qantas has leased 2 x A330 from Finnair and I traveled on one last night from Bangkok to Sydney in Business Class.

I was honestly looking forward to it.

But the seats??? Non reclining seats in Business class. You either sit bolt upright, or make up the bed and lay flat. No in between. For anyone with a bad back it's a killer. No lumber suport at all, and no way to ease back to watch a movie. Sit upright, or lay flat. I was almost tempted to swap for an economy seat.

Without doubt, the worst business class seat I have come across.

Was there anything positive about the flight? OK the staff were nice.

The food, not very good, the soup was cold and the food just generally lacked that Qantas business class quality.

Sadly Qantas are trashing their brand on Internatinal flights these days.
Flying to Europe from Australia most of the flights seem to be code share now.
So now I just fly Emirates.

Is Qantas becoming a 'shell' airline Internationly, merely using other airlinews aircraft?

I would not fly this sector again with Qantas.........

Date of travel: May 2024

Reviewed 9 May 2024

We took Finnair from Vienna-(Transit in-Helsinki)-Tokyo.
First, our flight from Vienna was delayed by 6 Hours(apparently due to the weather, but our connecting flight went just right on time, which we think there was an organisational issue) with no information beforehand, so we waited at the airport the whole day and missed our connecting flight from Helsinki. They then changed our flight AUTOMATICALLY from Helsinki->Hongkong->Taiwan->Tokyo, which would've taken another continious 36hours nonstop. So we had to queue at the customer service in Helsinki for 3 hours to change our flight to a direct one to the day after. They did pay for the 1 night hotel in Helsinki, but we lost a whole 2 days of our vacation in Tokyo because of this. The airplane itself is also extremelt loud and the seats very uncomfortable. The food was also very bad for a 13hour flight. One main food, which is a very small portion with no dessert and 1 breakfast(which i got nauseous after eating it)
For the flight back to Vienna from Tokyo through Helsinki, thankfully it arrived on time, however my hardcase suitcase had a crushed hole in one corner and of course they are not going to reimburse my suitcase.
I have never had this kind of bad experience with an airline ever before. Never again with finnair. Worst airlin3 experience ever!!

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank Inspire59761616122
Reviewed 4 May 2024

I travel with a service dog. Before I bought my ticket, I asked Finnair if they allowed service dogs. They said yes. At the last minute (48 hours before leaving), Finnair said I could not bring my service dog on the flight from Norway to Riga. Based on prior communication, I had already spent $350 on a health certificate. Finnair did not take responsibility for lying and completely messing up my travel plans. They did not repay the money I lost on a health certificate I could not use. Horrible service! I will never fly with them again. I could have easily chosen another European airline that does allow service dogs if only they had been honest with me upfront.

Date of travel: July 2023
Reviewed 2 May 2024

BEWARE! This company had put in place a system of STRUCTURAL FRAUD wherein they delay service at the ONLY desk open out 5 that should be. Employee behind counter is on the phone for 45min so even customer infront of him gets zero service. Meanwhile 100 people are standing in a line behind customer at desk.

After 45min staff come and open 2 more desks, and then continue to tell everyone who has been told to "stand put, service is coming" by finnair employee throughtout - that ALL of us are late to boarding and boarding is closed.

Nonchalantly in an arrogant manner we were told to go to Menzies counter for further instructions and told to move from the desk.

Flight took off with 10+ people gathered at Menzies asking for the reason to not allow boarding. One moment we were late, the next Finnair told Menzies that we stood in the wrong line. There was only 1 desk open out of 10+.

After reading reviews on here I can say that this company has put this system in place in order to structurally defraud not only their customers, but primarily Qatar Airways passengers with transit in Doha.

AVOID

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank Mahad H
Reviewed 29 April 2024

Declining service, charged 300 euros for odd sized baggage, where last time I flew it was free. Lots of hidden charges, its becoming the next Ryan Air, don't get fooled by the prices of a ticket. All the hidden costs come after.

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Companion54877611636
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.