“EVA is great for Taiwanese.”
Review of EVA Air

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I used EVE when I went to Japan.ANA's direct flights from Houston to Narita was around $1,800.EVA's tickets costed only $1000.The tickets were quite reasonable.
EVE often sent emails to me in order to remind me of the itinerary. Even I chose my seats.
When I arrived George Bush airport in Houston,there were a lot of Taiwanese passengers.It seemed that Taiwanese really like EVA.
The aircraft was clean.Regarding entertainment, most of the videos were some Taiwanese films, music.The subtitles of the most of the video were only If you don't understand either Chinese or English, you may not Enjoy them.
The food and beverages were delicious.They are great.The beer were mainly local brands from Taiwan.No Japanese beer.LOL.
Overall, I like it.I will return.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,355)

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Great flight, great seat, great personel, great food and drinks.
It’s one of the best company’s I flew with over the last 15 years.
My next flight to the east will be with Eva air, that’s fore sure!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Impressed with service level provided by all crew members of EVA especially the air hostesses who are all 10/10.
Very impressed also with boarding arrangements where zones are called with an attendant holding a flag with the zone called. Very efficient! No unnecessary crowding up in front of the gate.
All meals served were of high standard with ever smiling faces of attendants.
Toilet was from beginning to end of trip very clean with nothing lacking inside.
No problem with English......no communication problem!

1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We looked at several airlines for this travel; we compared the service, flight time and cost and decided on this airline for overall "better deal" We paid for the "extra comfort" provided on the premium seats. It was worth it. Yes, you get better seats, better service and priority boarding. The flight crew were very attentive; i think we were served a meal/snack/drink every hour. During the "quiet" time, they were respectful in checking to see if you needed anything. I loved my flight experience that I plan to use this airline again on my next trip out to Asia. My only "complain" is the chaos at the boarding gate from Taipei.. I believe most of the problem is due to language.. and the impatient passengers who are not familiar with flight/travel etiquette.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Taking advantage of their frequent specials, I took a recent return trip to Hong Kong. Hearing from friends who flew on it about their above average experiences, I was really looking forward to the flight!
First thing upon sitting down on my assigned seat on this well maintained and clean Boeing 777-300ER was that the few more inches of leg and elbow room offered really made a lot of difference....especially for a longish person like myself. Service by the ' EVA ' smiling stewardess was most welcoming, particularly when compared to most their North American airline competitors and their grouchy staffs. In flight entertainment and food were more than above average. Washrooms were always kept in ultra-clean condition.
A short lay-over at Taipei airport to stretch one's legs and visit the amazing terminal, with its great selection of shops and eateries was a most enjoyable option!
Overall, a pleasure to fly!!

1  Thank cctyu68