“Etihad cancel coach”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 19 April 2024

I booked directly with Etihad on their website as I have flown Emirates, Qatar and Saudi and really wanted to try Etihad. I booked a trip to Kuala Lumpur starting in Birmingham International Airport. Etihad do not fly from BHX so the first part of the journey is by coach to LHR - all part of the same booking. Now I have had an email from Etihad saying schedule change. When I called them, they said the coach from BHX has been cancelled. Firstly they said we can fly you from BHX via AMS or CDG which I said yes please. Then they said we can’t do that as your journey is by coach. They gave me two options : either make my own way to LHR which is a three hour drive, pay for my own fuel and three weeks of parking at LHR which will be expensive or get a full refund. I do not want a refund as all other flights have gone a lot expensive plus I have already booked and paid for flights and hotel in Singapore. We are not due to fly til August this year? Any suggestions that you can help with?

Date of travel: April 2024
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2024

Hi there, we're sorry to hear that. Please reach out to us via any of our social media channels (Twitter, Instagram or Facebook) with more details such as your booking reference and we'll look into this for you. Thanks. *Zia

Reviewed 19 April 2024

I was supposed to fly from Johannesburg to Dubai from Dubai to Beijing. The flight was so late. I missed my second flight. They told me that they will arranged a second flight for me the next day at nine at night I had to sit and wait for nine hours to get my visa done just so I can go to a hotel and take a shower before my next flight. That meaning, I had to pay for everything that I wanted in Abu Dhabi. They gave me one single voucher of a small little burger and a cool drink for the whole night. They booked me in a hotel to freshen up with no bags now I am struggling to find transportation back to the airport for my second flight as no one knows any information that was given to me, i’m also sitting at the hotel they booked me in with no food nothing this is the worst flight ever worst flight experience I’ve ever had do not fly with these people and if you do make sure your layover is about seven hours do not worry about saving a little bit of money it is definitely not worth it. The only thing that they told me is that only arrange for business class. Obviously, I’m economy. They don’t care about me. No one has actually even tried to get in contact with me. I’ve been waiting and I’m also with 16 other people from India and South Africa that went through the same experience together.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

Hi there, we're sorry to hear that your flight has been delayed. We always aim to operate all our flights as scheduled, however, there are times when certain circumstances happen beyond our control, which may lead to delays of certain flights. Please file an official case through our feedback form: http://bit.ly/EYFeedback, and our Guest Relations team will look into this further for you. Thanks. *Zia

Reviewed 18 April 2024

I wanted to add a luggage for my trip from Colombo to Abu-Dhabi, because 7 kg allowed on the fare were not sufficient for me. 23356 LKR aka 72€ for 10 kg of weight or 145€ for 20 kg, are you people serious? Even the worst European low-cost company doesn't have such exorbitant charges. What a shame, I couldn't believe Etihad has fallen so low, it's the last time my family travels with this airline.

Date of travel: April 2024
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2024

Hi there, we understand your concerns, however extra baggage price varies from route to route. It's nearly always cheaper to book extra checked luggage in advance rather than paying excess baggage fees at the airport. We offer up to 30% discount on excess baggage rate if you purchase in advance online or through our call center. Thanks. *Zoe

Reviewed 17 April 2024

extremely disappointed. ethihad has a capability of hiring such heartless people. they did not allow me to travel for some unbelievable reasons they invented. I had traveled to doha with the same haya visa before through other airlines n stayed there for about 2 weeks. but ethihad staffs informed so hearlessly, without even considering the possibility that they might be stupid and ignorant of the rules. I lost my money and precious time becoz of them. I'm never ever going to travel with ithihad as this was not my first experience with them. I traveled 5 times in ethihad just coz they were cheaper compared to other airlines and each time they had to make it difficult for me n my family. I heard similar and worse experience for my friends and others too. but this was the first time they did not let me travel. I will also make it a point to write negative review against them every day in all sites as possible.

Date of travel: April 2024
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2024

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about your experience. Please reach out to us via our social media channels (Twitter, Instagram or Facebook) with more details, or file an official case through our feedback form: http://bit.ly/EYFeedback, and our team will look into this further for you. Thanks. *Zia

Reviewed 17 April 2024

Having flown to Dubai with Emirates several times, I thought Etihad would have the same high standards. Oh how wrong was I! The staff really didn’t seem happy and one crew member in particular made us feel like an inconvenience. If you ask for a cold drink when they’re servicing tea and coffee, they refuse and don’t even offer to get you one when they’re done serving. The toilet on the A380 is in the most inconvenient place. If you wait for it to become free, you are in the way of the crew working and they are not happy about it. You are made to feel guilty for needing to use the toilet! The food was ok. I had quite a nice chicken dish but the starter was horrible and it was just very basic. I’m have to say; I’m not really looking forward to the return flight. I’m a self employed personal travel consultant and wouldn’t want to sell my customers a flight with Etihad.

1  Thank katief218
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2024

That doesn't sound good to us. Your input and the feedback are vitally important to us. Please share your feedback along with your flight details on our website for further investigation. Thank you. *Zoe

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.