“Overbooking and very bad aftercare service”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 30 April 2018

My flight from Phuket (HKT) to Abu Dhabi (AUH) & Abu Dhabi (AUH) to London (LHR) But when I been Abu Dhabi airport the officer just easy told me the flight to London (LHR) is already overbooked. They rebooked another transfer flight to Madrid (MAD) then fly to London (LHR). They didn’t give me any notification before even when I was checked in Phuket airport. In Abu Dhabi airport, Etihad Airways gives me a 1 year valid USD300 compensation voucher but that is useless for me as I didn’t have any holiday plan in the next year. Finally, when I arrived to London Heathrow but my luggage didn’t come with me together that lost in one of transfer airport, it was found 2days later.

I emailed Etihad Airways feedback few days ago ask for a reasonable compensation rather than give the useless voucher, and find my luggage.

But they refused the request, they said “I have reviewed your travel records, and I see that you travelled next day and offered USD300 Travel Voucher as compensation. On this occasion, we will be unable to offer additional compensation. You must use the Travel Voucher for one year from the date it was issued.”“I am sorry that your trip to London and your baggage delivery has been affected. I wish to advise that in accordance with the Interline Baggage Handling agreement, the airline who is the final carrier of the passenger takes full responsibility for the passenger claim, regardless of which airline is ultimately responsible for the mishandling. This does not mean we are complacent about mishandled. This system simply avoids confusion, duplication of tracing efforts and duplicate claims. As British Airways carried you to your final destination, any claim would need to be made through them as per the Airline Industry Regulations.”

I never had any such the worst experience like this.

1  Thank Tom5517JV
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Hi Tom, thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are sorry to hear that your travel did not go as well as you were hoping, due to your flight to London being overbooked and your baggage being misplaced on arrival. We know that this was not the service you were expecting and apologise once again for the disruption to your travel plans. If you do change your mind and wish to use the travel voucher, please do contact us and we will be happy to assist you. Thanks *Nic

Write a ReviewReviews (11,241)

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Was flying from Kolkata to Toronto via Abu Dhabi.
The flight was late for about 9 hours due to a sudden cloudburst and high winds. We were rerouted to Delhi for the crew to change (current crew had reached the end of their scheduled flying clearance). Obviously, all our connecting flights were missed.
Once we boarded, the crew kept us updated of progress and status. Ground staff at Kolkata were not as much forthcoming and the only option we had was to keep checking the (pretty rudimentary) Departures TV screen.
At Abu Dhabi, the ground crew provided fresh boarding passes and directed us to our new flights. Our luggage was automatically re-routed without any issue.
Etihad Business Class lounge at Abu Dhabi (at around 7:00 AM local time) was packed with virtually no place to sit. We did not mind much as our stopover was for an hour and a half.
Overall a nice experience in-spite of the delay.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

We appreciate your honest feedback about your flight experience. Thank you. *Zozo

Hi,

Since last 1 yr i used to travel with Etihad Airline for my Business Travel. I found the Etihad Guest Program is very interesting & rewarding. I was upgraded to Business Class for this flight.The Business Class is travel experience is very relaxing although totol travel time was approx. 7 hours. The Seat can be convertible to Full length Bed.Good Hospitality & nice entertainment movies.

Thumps UP.

Dinesh Parmar

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Thank you for giving us a good rating and for recommending us to other travelers. We look forward to seeing you again soon. *Zozo

Reviewed 30 April 2018

From Manila to Abu Dhabi it was a nightmare. I was surrounded by 10-15 toddlers. And these Ladies dressed in burkas changed the baby diapers right on the passenger seats. The smell was not very pleasant. I don't know why they use the the fold down table in the toilet?

We are sorry to hear your disappointment. Hope your next flight experience with us will be a better one. *Zozo

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Much hyped airline did not meet expectations. On first flight to ABU DHABI the female Indian attendant told passengers they were only allowed one drink on welding the drinks trolley. Proper steel cutlery but no individual menu as folk lore rumoured. TV part of the inflight entertainment really poor depending on 'adult' cartoons and past episodes of 'Friends.' No biggies such as 'Game of Thrones' (available on BA) or 'The Crown'.
The last leg crew were more professional but took 45 minutes from cruising speed to bring out the drinks trolley which was combined with the meal.

ON THE RETURN TRIP THE SITUATION AT GATE 32 AT ABU DHABI WAS A DISGRACE: THIS HAPPENED LATE EVENING/EARLY MORNING. WHEN WE ARRIVED THE LARGE ANTEROOM WAS HEAVING WITH SLEEPING TRAVELLERS, INCLUDING DOZING SMALL CHILDREN. ALL OF A SUDDEN THE SPACE WAS INVADED BY UNIFORMED STAFF WHO SHOOK THE CHILDREN AWAKE AND FORCED EVERYONE OUTSIDE TO QUEUE UP. THIS WAS ALL ORCHESTRATED BY A DICTATORIAL OFFICER WHO FLATLY IGNORED ALL PLEAS. ALTOGETHER A FASCIST EXPERIENCE.

PS THE DREAMLINER IS A GREAT PLANE

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Thank you for your review. We value your insights and and your feedback is important for us to improve our service. We hope to fly with you again to provide you a better experience. *Zozo