“A very eventful flight”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 31 May 2018

The plane was delayed having to wait over an hour at Lisbon airport for pushback. Service was very good as is usual with Emirates, business class seats are very comfortable (not as comfortable a the A380 Emirates Business Class, which is in a class of it's own) and entertainment was plentiful or at least it was supposed to be.Unfortunately my entertainment system suffered from constant breakdowns, despite being rebooted two times, a problem I have suffered for the second time in business class on Emirates which is not acceptable in an airline with the quality of Emirates! We arrived late in Dubai, and were offered no help in reaching the next flight to Perth on time as Emirates had already rebooked our flight and offered as a voucher for the night at Meridien that we elected not to take and instead made use of the excellent business lounges in DBX! By the way we did manage to reach our gate 20 minutes before departure but were prevented from boarding.
We boarded the next flight to Perth on a 777 instead of an A380, centre instead of window seat and when the plane was about to depart it was hit by a truck and after an hour waiting for a check the plane was deemed unsafe to fly and we had to deplane and wait for another one! We ended up departing at close to 2pm, twelve hours after our original flight! The new crew was extremely nice, offering to do their most to compensate us for the delay, which they did! To their credit they were extraordinary, service was probably the best I have experienced in a flight and I would have given them maximum points, so I have to classify it as a positive experience despite the very negative experience on the first flight!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (37,940)

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Emirates offers wonderful service even in economy class. They have a great selection of movies from around the world and the menu offers some tasty worldly options. I can only imagine what first or business class offers! Seats are relatively comfortable though I have to admit my armrest was broken which seemed minor at first but after hour 16 I realized how nice it would have been. I wouldn’t hesitate to fly Emirates again!

1  Thank james L
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I'd flown to Australia previously a few years ago and they were a very respectful airline. We went to Dubai on 19th May this year and found this has changed dramatically. The staff spend more time laughing and joking amongst themselves than paying attention to the customers. This flight cost us £100 more than BA but at least BA were respectful.
The legroom isnt great the food not great either. We returned on 29th May. One particular member of staff spent at least half and hour showing a customer how to work the computer part of her screen laughing and joking with one particular customer and getting in the way of other staff who were actually working. This was the same ignoring customers to chat amongst themselves and laugh and joke and then scoffing cakes openly. This is no way to run an airline. Will never travel with them this is disgusting as far as we were concerned.

2  Thank bradbrookdenise
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Flew JFK to Bangkok via DXB. Flights were not fully booked, even though it was September, especially the Bangkok one was almost empty. Great service, on time, good food, good fare, had a few days stopover in Dubai too. The A380 amazing as always, and that is one of the reasons i like Emirates, because they fly that type to so many destinations.

1  Thank Yannis412
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Great flight times easy transfers flight attendants very good was very easy to book flight s kept me up to date with flight delays due to bad weather

1  Thank flyingscot2018