“Great flight very good crew even the food was edible”
Review of China Southern Airlines

Reviewed 7 June 2018

A very long trip but the flight was comfortable the crew very nice we had a delay in china on the way and missed our connecting flight at Amsterdam but the airline had already rebooked us on the next flight and we were given a voucher for beverages at Amsterdam airport all in all a very good trip much cheaper than emirates who we went with last time and service was impeccable

Date of travel: May 2018
Write a reviewReviews (4,925)

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We had a great trip from New York City to Southeast Asia (Hanoi, Siem Reap) using China Southern. Business Class tickets were much less expensive than on other airlines and the service was outstanding. Great value for the money! This airline was totally unknown to us prior to this trip but we definitely would use it again if the opportunity arises. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

I paid the same price to get to KTM from US as I would have on Quatar or AirEmirates and I will never make the same mistake. From LAX to CAN, over 15 hours, and the entire entertainment consul was down in my row and the row behind us. We left an hour late and while everyone else on the plane was relaxing and watching movies, we had nothing, including no reading light or flight attendant call button. The aircraft have no USB ports or plugs so my iphone died very quickly. We tried to get the attention of the flight crew, which was very difficult but were told that everything would work in the air. They ignored us until someone in another row hit her flight attendant call button and said that we needed help. We were told that they would reset the system and to wait ten minutes. We kept waiting and trying to get their attention but 2 hours and several "resets" later, we had nothing. I immediately wrote to tell of my experience as I wasn't returning for 3 weeks. i heard nothing until several weeks after my return to the US, when I received a letter from the complaint department addressed to someone else that they thanked me for my kind concern and that they were sure that my next trip would be satisfactory. I am a flight attendant for a major US airline known for our customer service and was appalled. There will be no next trip. Ever.

Date of travel: March 2018
Reviewed 6 June 2018

The first time that I flew China Southern, I was less than impressed. However, because it usually is the cheapest flight I can find from Chiang Mai to the US, I continued to fly with them. Over the last two years, I think that China Southern has improved its service. On this last trip, the flight crew was very friendly and helpful and the food was not bad for airline food. I was quite comfortable as far as leg room/seat space, and there was a wide selection of movies (so many that even on the long flight I couldn't watch all the ones that interested me!). We flew through Guanzhou, and the airport, though small, is a nice airport. Overall, a good experience.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

The price I paid did live up to the service and experience i got. I paid 456€ for a roundtrip to the philippines which is extremely cheap. This is great for someone on a very very tight budget and would not mind discomfort lasting for about 10+ hours, however, i would never book another flight with them because to me, the 300 something euros i saved isnt worth the amount of discomfort and irritation i received from flying with them.

Date of travel: July 2017
1  Thank met402
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.