“Wonderful staff, good food, smooth flight”
Review of China Eastern Airlines

Reviewed 17 April 2024

The staff were very polite and helpful, and made genuine efforts to talk with me in English. I particularly remember a tall male flight attendant that came to check on my daughter and I a few times and was very professional and kind, I would love to give further positive feedback about him. The food was also quite good in economy. The flight went very smoothly. I was very impressed.

Reviewed 17 April 2024

Was skeptical about taking this airline because of the 3 star review however we had a great flight, food and entertainment and really affordable prices last min compared to other airlines. We fly alot and we both said that was the smoothest landing we ever had aswell! Would definitely fly again with Them!

Reviewed 16 April 2024

I had a last minute trip thrown at me and I had to go with the cheapest option at the time, which was China Eastern Airlines.

Not only was there website and app horrible to navigate as it seems to only cater to Chinese speaking people, there was also absolutely no guidance for entering allergies and organising a meal for my allergy. I am coeliac so it’s very important that my meal is made separately from the others. The trip over seemed to have been applied to my booking, though some of the food seemed suspicious, like they weren’t entirely sure what gluten was.

The flight back to London was a disaster. No mention of my allergy on my booking, this is partly due to my travel agent not adding it but also not helping was that I couldn’t ask for my specific food on the website.

The staff on the flight back were very sympathetic and helpful about, even offering me food from first class. The staff on the way there were rude and didnt want to understand at when it came to my requests, leaving me feeling guilty for having an allergy I have no control over.

Overall, I will never be flying with China eastern Airlines again, I’d rather pay the extra money.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 13 April 2024

My five year old and I were stuck in Hong Kong and had to desperately buy last minute tickets to London, China Eastern had the cheapest fare by far!! at least $1500 less than other airlines! so we booked right away, but I was little worried about the overall reliability and service we'd be getting at that price. China Eastern really surprised me, I was so impressed by the kindness and professionalism of the crew, the food was good, the aircrafts we boarded were comfortable and cleaner than some rated higher that i'd been on. The only fault would be entertainment options were limited and no usb-c charging ports but those are first world problems and we were just happy to be on board. Highly recommend and will definitely be flying with them again in future.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 10 April 2024

Serving some of the worst food I've eaten on a plane in my life, meat didn't taste like it came from any farms animals I know of.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.