“Despite a number of negative reviews, this airline is great. Comfortable and clean aircraft. Attentive crew.”
Review of China Eastern Airlines

Reviewed 31 May 2018

There's always a complainer..you want a low price..don't expect first class..meals are fundamental..bring your own snacks and food. Lots of space for the most part..clean and reliable aircraft. Now trouble with these guys. Would fly them again no problem.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Ian D
Write a ReviewReviews (3,249)

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Do not fly with this airline. They should not be dealing with INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS! They do not have the knowledge or customer service for it. Imagine being delayed 32 hours in an airport. Then asking for compensation or food vouchers and being laughed at and told to “get out of my face” The manager of international departures was a disgusting women to deal with. I posted a picture of her face.

The in flight service is lacking as well. Felt like we were treated abruptly and like we were an annoyance to them. Screw off China eastern airlines your a horrendous airline.

2  Thank Josh B
Reviewed 29 May 2018

This company is prepared only for chinese people. They have a very low profile at Check-in service, they don't accept partners membership of other companies partners of their partner. The food options was cooked in chinese style and it is not international cusine. Moreover, my colleague that was flying with myself had his luggage damaged and the company told him that kind of damage would not be refounded by them according to company policies.
I have spent 1,5hour to make my check-in when I've returned from Shanghai to New York. Definitelly, I would not recommend this air company. I flew last year to Shanghai by Emirates and I did not have any issue, everything was perfect.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
3  Thank C8948OMmarcoss
Reviewed 29 May 2018

We were late leaving Xi'an with no signage that the flight was delayed and no staff in sight to ask. When suddenly we were boarded we thought this was good only to be left on the plane with no explanation, just the odd announcement in English thanking us for our patience. There were many announcements in Chinese. From memory we may have been given a drink and after a take off which was two and a half hours late we were fed and found out that there were severe thunderstorms where we were landing.
Id think twice abut flying with them again - surely someone could have made an English announcement for the 40+ Aussies on board!

1  Thank jillreading08
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

3 out of 4 my flights were delayed. My 10hr layover became 15hrs in Shanghai. On this layover about 5 flights were delayed, one particularly Singapore flight 09:00 departure delayed till 20:30 without one announcement!!!

1  Thank Jocelyn R