“WORST AIRLINE!!!!!”
Review of China Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

China Air won’t replace my damaged bag as it is OLD (2016 only used 4 times).

CHINA AIR, YOU SHOULD REPLACE THE LUGGAGE BAG WHICH YOU HAVE DAMAGED even if it is OLD. In addition, the STRESS and HASSLE you provided to your passenger.

Date of travel: April 2024

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of the worst airlines I’ve flown in a long time. The leg room on the international flights are next to none and the food choices on a 16 hour flight is also non-existent. Due to their overbooking they are now making passengers check their carry-ons which is not a requirement. I also asked for her to print out our remaining boarding passes which also did not happen. Very incompetent people working at the gates and should probably reevaluate their strategy.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I couldn’t fill out an infix, which is part of my Dutch last name. When contacting the company they told me they would cancel my flight and that I had to book another flight. They could not change is for me. They told me that they would contact me at 9 am on the morning of my 11 am flight. I did the check in and asked three different people from the airport staff if it was a problem, they all said no, because my last name was correct. Relieved I was waiting when China Airlines called. They told me that they cancelled my check in and had to pay 200 euros to still get on the flight. At the beginning of my holiday it cost me 200 euro just because I couldn’t fill out an infix on the site for booking. Wouldn’t recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Outbound: The flight was problematic from the start. It was supposed to be an A350 (with fully flat beds) and we were assigned seats in that aircraft at check in. But we realized only at the gate that our aircraft was changed at the last minute to an old A330, and with our seats rejigged. On top of that, there was an hour’s delay – strange for a morning flight. The seating is the outdated 2-2-2 recliners (which hardly reclined) but the cabin is quite well maintained and it was adequate for a short-haul day-time flight. On board, the crew were quite irritable from the start. Some managed to be “normal” and offered friendly service but unfortunately the one serving my area could not contain her appearance of being stressed. It was also a full flight. Food was so-so, though there was expensive abalone in the appetizer. Dynasty Lounge at Terminal 1 is way too small for the crazy morning crowd, and poorly equipped apart from the buffet. It was a free-for-all and one can hardly find a place to sit, much less be made comfortable to do any kind of urgent work. However, toward the late morning the lounge suddenly emptied as all the morning flights were departing. The lounge staff, nevertheless, were hardworking and efficient in clearing up after the crowds.

Seating: 2/5
Cabin service: 2/5
Lounge: 2/5

In bound: It was a red-eye departing at 2.40 in the morning on an A321. Apart from the unearthly hour, the biggest problem was that the Dynasty Lounge was closed since 6 in the evening. Luckily, I managed to get into the Air France lounge, which is part of Skyteam, but that lounge closed shortly after midnight and I was left to use the obscene Miracle Lounge, used as a common lounge by all carriers without a lounge. This lounge is a horror – dirty, poorly equipped, with only basic seating and with only the lowest-quality Thai food. To top it off, the wine available was “Mont Claire” – this is an obscene brand and the lowest priced in the retail market in Thailand, and you would be well never to touch it. The new A321 with fully flat beds is adequate for a short-haul flight BUT this is at an unearthly hour when people want to sleep; as such the “beds” were too narrow and uncomfortable to get any serious sleep in, apart from the fact that someone is going to climb over you to get to the toilet at some point. Cabin crew were friendly and enthusiastic.

Seating: 3/5
Cabin service: 4/5
Lounge: 0/5

Overall
Onboard Food and Beverage: 4/5
Inflight entertainment: 3/5

Final thought: All airlines have different levels of service depending on how important the route is and whether the clientele is mainly business or leisure. This route is mainly leisure, therefore it is not of high importance.

1  Thank FMoz
Reviewed 12 May 2024

Unfriendly Taiwan Flight attendants are rude and gave us a dirty look!!! food are terrible and make me sick! I Don't recommend this CHINA AIRLINE!

Date of travel: November 2023
1  Thank Mc H
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.