“Credit Con with China Airlines...”
Review of China Airlines

Reviewed 10 May 2024

My moko was booked to travel with me on 15/12/23 flying with another airline and return with China Airlines. He ended up in hospital so wasn't able to fly and I immediatly informed both airlines and provided a hospital letter as confirmation. The first airline offered to give a credit and initially so did China Airlines, however our circumstances changed and when I asked both airlines if I could get a refund instead due to hard-ship - both said NO!

The first airline told me that the credit would be available until 2025 (despite travel in Dec. 24), however when I asked China Airlines 'Ari' informed me that "because I had booked (and paid for) the ticket in August 24' and despite travel NOT happening till Jan. 24 - I had until Aug.24 to use the credit"!?

Not happy and has put me off flying FULL STOP!

Date of travel: January 2024
2  Thank OnAir06626550517

Reviewed 9 May 2024

Rude and arrogant flight attendants .
No eye contacts with passengers,with fake smile .food and drinks are very bad.
Never again with China airlines

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank Rens N
Reviewed 5 May 2024

I wanted to book a trip to see some longtime friends for my birthday. Being a longtime frequent flyer and regular business class traveler with Lufthansa, I was inclined to stay in the Star Alliance family— I know what I’m getting, can use my business class check-in, and my flight purchase will earn me miles. The partner there would have been Air China, with some legs needing a connection with another partner airline, and the price to travel with the star alliance partner (Air China) was actually much cheaper than traveling with Taiwan’s local airline, not to mention I had unused vouchers for another business class upgrade. I thought long and hard about the decision between convenience, comfort, and price on one hand versus supporting a local economy-building airline; and ultimately went again my own benefit to support Taiwan’s airline. I have to say, I have done nothing to regret it since: not only was the flight for just an economy ticket nearly double what it was for China Air, the website is practically useless. I’ve tried for days to look for a way to upgrade to business class. I have emailed and tried on their website to book the 30€ Rail&Fly tickets and ultimately bought my own DB tickets. I eventually joined their membership group to see if I could do anything from there, but I can’t even find the button or links for adding my own flight, even after hours of looking. It only seems to work on their app— so you can updates, but it doesn’t add your miles!! So you can request an upgrade!! Lastly, the website is not built for iPhone and constantly has issues resizing text blocks or additional information. I’m really sorry to say I had every good intention on this trip to support China Airlines, but they made sure at every step that I will remain loyal to the Star Alliance. If I could cancel and rebook even now, 4 days before my flight, I would… sad… hope they improve. But if they don’t, I hope others don’t make the same mistake I did.

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank heather h
Reviewed 18 April 2024

This Taipei-Tokyo-Taipei return proves again that China Airlines is a solid 4 stars for short-haul business class. Service standards were similar on both routes and on the same aircraft type -- A350 -- which has the full-flat seat meant for long haul. The cabin has aged but is still in good condition. Meals were very good and there is always a Japanese option, which, in my opinion, should be taken as it is authentic. Cabin crew were very friendly and hardworking, though they were stretched to the limit due to an almost-full cabin. Beverages were more than adequate, though they offer a lesser version compared to the long-haul flights. This, I found out when I was handed the wrong wine list -- one for long-haul flights, which offered vintage champagnes and decade-old wines. For short haul, the list was not as good, but it is more than sufficient. One area that seemed less than luxurious was the bathroom. There are only very simple economy-class amenities, and no eau de toilette or perfume. For this, it is not 5-star level, but a solid 4 stars. Lounges are a weak spot. Dynasty Lounge in Tokyo is spacious but poor in F&B - only low-quality stuff. Dynasty Lounge in Taipei Terminal 2 is better but still below average.

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank FMoz
Reviewed 16 April 2024

from Taiwan to SF, my suitcase is damaged. I filed a claim at SFO with all the information: phone number, email... after 2 weeks, no body call back or email back to me to talk about the damaged. I called China airlines 18002275118, no person to talk to. no option for complain. I wish there is zero start so I can give this airlines.

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank Tim N
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.