“No care for allergies”
Review of China Airlines

Reviewed 5 April 2024

My boyfriend will come in a few weeks to visit me, he called the airline to tell them he has a severe allergy to nuts, even breathing near them is bothering. Usually flight companies arrange their meals according to such needs, but THEY cannot do anything to the menu and can’t even know whether they are serving nuts or not, in the dishes. He will do 17h on an airplane, from Frankfurt to Taiwan and then to me in Bali and they told him they will serve him a plate of fruit on both flights, and he should bring his own food. Now let’s hope people around him won’t get nuts as snacks or so

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank Giorgia F

Reviewed 3 April 2024

We were bumped onto a flight the next day - no reason given (operational resaons no help towards our additional hotel night.
Is this for cynical economic gain or some other reason?

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank robw112
Reviewed 28 March 2024

I am a long time member of their dynasty club.
I had to go to their customer service numerous times to get china airlines to include my membership number
Now I am travelling again in april 2024.
China airlines is refusing to include my membership #.
They say that my membership name and their records do not match
China airlines already accepted the same info before

Date of travel: October 2023
2  Thank James P
Reviewed 24 March 2024

A 17 hour, overnight flight that went smoothly and quickly, following a 45 minute delay to board. Bus from terminal 4 at JFK to the plane. Premium economy went before economy.
Window seat was quite adjustable (recline within a shell), though it helped that the adjacent aisle seat was unoccupied so my backpack went to that space. This was important, as the most comfortable arrangement was to recline the seat so my feet rested on the floor and adjust pillows and blanket under my legs. Seat was fine for someone of my size (5'7", 160 #).
Food selection was made two days before the flight and was quite tasty. Two meals, first two hours after takeoff, the other, about two hours before landing. Food was superior to that usually provided in economy.
A nice amenities kit - slippers, small NorthFace branded cloth bag with toothbrush, eye mask etc.
Flight attendants were pleasant and efficient; they kept the bathroom clean (standard size, compared to oversized p.e. bathroom on Japan Airlines' latest). Premium economy was about half filled, so no wait for the bathrooms (except to let attendants finish cleaning...).
Cabin was darkened after the first meal, enough for me to get some decent sleep. The entertainment system had extensive selections and was played through the noise-cancelling headphones they supplied.
I paid almost 100% additional over the cost of economy as I was starting a three week trip through Taiwan and Japan, and wanted to start it off in comfort. Whether I would have been able to sleep in economy is an unanswered question.

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank Harry T
Reviewed 15 March 2024

Services during the flight were ok. The food was the worst I have ever experienced in 65 years of flying! I ate only the yogurt and the water.

Date of travel: March 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.