“Bad service for their frequent flyers”
Review of China Airlines

Reviewed 28 March 2024

I am a long time member of their dynasty club.
I had to go to their customer service numerous times to get china airlines to include my membership number
Now I am travelling again in april 2024.
China airlines is refusing to include my membership #.
They say that my membership name and their records do not match
China airlines already accepted the same info before

Date of travel: October 2023
2  Thank James P

Reviewed 24 March 2024

A 17 hour, overnight flight that went smoothly and quickly, following a 45 minute delay to board. Bus from terminal 4 at JFK to the plane. Premium economy went before economy.
Window seat was quite adjustable (recline within a shell), though it helped that the adjacent aisle seat was unoccupied so my backpack went to that space. This was important, as the most comfortable arrangement was to recline the seat so my feet rested on the floor and adjust pillows and blanket under my legs. Seat was fine for someone of my size (5'7", 160 #).
Food selection was made two days before the flight and was quite tasty. Two meals, first two hours after takeoff, the other, about two hours before landing. Food was superior to that usually provided in economy.
A nice amenities kit - slippers, small NorthFace branded cloth bag with toothbrush, eye mask etc.
Flight attendants were pleasant and efficient; they kept the bathroom clean (standard size, compared to oversized p.e. bathroom on Japan Airlines' latest). Premium economy was about half filled, so no wait for the bathrooms (except to let attendants finish cleaning...).
Cabin was darkened after the first meal, enough for me to get some decent sleep. The entertainment system had extensive selections and was played through the noise-cancelling headphones they supplied.
I paid almost 100% additional over the cost of economy as I was starting a three week trip through Taiwan and Japan, and wanted to start it off in comfort. Whether I would have been able to sleep in economy is an unanswered question.

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank Harry T
Reviewed 15 March 2024

Services during the flight were ok. The food was the worst I have ever experienced in 65 years of flying! I ate only the yogurt and the water.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 13 March 2024

We were late for our original flight at a different airline so we booked a flight at China Airlines instead to ensure we arrived in time for our tours. The four of us conveniently found and booked a flight that left within four hours.

They had a priority line for those who had checked-in online with very few passengers in queue. However, online check-in was not available for our flight and we found out upon manually checking in that this was because of the meals. Because the inward flight had already left, the airlines could no longer process the in-flight meals; they had asked us to sign a waiver that we understood and waive our right to the in-flight meal—hence the unavailability of the online check-in for our transaction.

Since there were senior citizens and PWD in our group, we were given priority in checking in. Nevertheless, the service crew handling our case has not yet encountered this scenario since he had to ask his supervisor for advice at each step. There were several when we had to repeat what I had already said to the supervisor. The staff at the counter were more rigid in asking about our purpose, etc. than the immigration personnel. They asked for copies of our itineraries, reservations, return flights, etc., items that not even the immigration officers required from us.

Although the inward flight arrived late, we arrived in Taipei on time. The in-flight entertainment was ample. There were some newer movies available. Most of the choices for the series were mostly old or were in Chinese. We were seated in the last rows so portions of the flight when the pilot had manual control were very jerky.

Despite signing a waiver that we understood that there were no in-flight meals available for us, China Airlines exerted effort to serve us snacks—some cookies, peanuts, and drinks.

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank jblaza
Reviewed 10 March 2024

So where to start.
booked a flight to go to a friends wedding and arrived to the airport counter where i was told flight was full.
ok due to the strikes was a issue and i would understand that.
so basically no trying to allocate on a different flight. very rude attendant at airport insulting the customers. call center they hang up on me 3 times and zero help.
in the end i paid my fare and now even through refuse to give the money back from the flight fare.
absolutely not recommended and even wonder how a firm like this is allowed to scam people like this.
never again and stay away from this carrier

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank hugo c
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.