“The worst international airlines”
Review of China Airlines

Reviewed 8 March 2024

They don’t allow you to bring two luggage on the plane. There’s no other international airlines flying to outside of Europe that prohibit two luggage.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Riho N

Reviewed 4 March 2024

Avoid this airline, They are made for the Asian market and pack you in as tight as they can. We had so many problems on our flight overseas and then again back home. Once try to airlines has your money, customer service goes away. They made promises to resolve our situation, which none of them came true.

Date of travel: March 2024
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank T T
Reviewed 22 February 2024

Good pilot, indifferent crew, awful food loaded from Canadian catering. Needs definite improvement especially since the meals were tossed at us.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank bertilv2022
Reviewed 20 February 2024

I bought a round-trip tickets, from Taiwan - Jakarta on 21 January and Jakarta - Taiwan on 20 February, I missed the Taiwan - Jakarta flight and I thought I will still be able to use the Jakarta - Taiwan flight so I bought another ticket(from the same airlines) to go back to Jakarta. and today I thought I should be able to use the Jakarta-Taiwan flight ticket, but no, I was told it's a connecting flight so if I missed the first flight (Taiwan - Jakarta) I will not be able to use the (Jakarta - Taiwan) flight tickets so literally all the money from my round-trip is wasted.

Reviewed 13 February 2024

For those traveling to Vietnam, be aware that even though your legally signed Visa Exemption Document, which was signed and issued by Vietnamese San Fransisco General Consulate, can be seen as a non valid document according to miss Noami supervisor at China Airlines check-in counter also who ever unknown immigration officer she talked to in Vietnam which she did not want to provide their name when asked. This also even after I showed them I already used this and got entry and exit immigration stamps from my prior trip which was in recent May 2022 - November 2022.

Also be aware that they can issue you a emergency Visa within 10-20 minutes after applying online charge you $350, where other places online takes minimum 4hours till one day to do this. Fishy stuff! Seems China-Airlines and who ever was on other side in Vietnam which miss Noami communicated with must be hungry or something. Maybe the same hungry officer Noami talked to was ready to issue that emergency Visa on the other side and was waiting for my application already, otherwise i cant see how you can issue something like that that fast. Also this was on the Chinese new years day in Vietnam too.

In the end i was forced to change my return ticket and to use my Norwegian passport free 45 day visa instead. Fun part is when I entered Vietnam, I still used my Visa exemption document with out any issues at all.

I have filed a feedback complaint to China Airlines, I hope they will correct the misunderstanding and revert my return date to my original date and also issue the refund for the ticket change.

I traveled with many other airlines, this is the first time encountering this issue, and it was not pleasant at all. And the fact that Noami said this happens regularly with Saigon and not in Hanoi, is even more concerning, that this is normal when flying with China airlines, be aware. I would steer away from this airline and even pay a bit more if I had to, if this is the kind of service you will get with them.

I have also attached image of the entry exit stamps for you guys to have a look. Thread carefully.

Enjoy, and have a nice day!

5  Thank bang101
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.