“Visa exemption document legally signed and issued, considered not valid by China Airlines.”
Review of China Airlines

Reviewed 13 February 2024

For those traveling to Vietnam, be aware that even though your legally signed Visa Exemption Document, which was signed and issued by Vietnamese San Fransisco General Consulate, can be seen as a non valid document according to miss Noami supervisor at China Airlines check-in counter also who ever unknown immigration officer she talked to in Vietnam which she did not want to provide their name when asked. This also even after I showed them I already used this and got entry and exit immigration stamps from my prior trip which was in recent May 2022 - November 2022.

Also be aware that they can issue you a emergency Visa within 10-20 minutes after applying online charge you $350, where other places online takes minimum 4hours till one day to do this. Fishy stuff! Seems China-Airlines and who ever was on other side in Vietnam which miss Noami communicated with must be hungry or something. Maybe the same hungry officer Noami talked to was ready to issue that emergency Visa on the other side and was waiting for my application already, otherwise i cant see how you can issue something like that that fast. Also this was on the Chinese new years day in Vietnam too.

In the end i was forced to change my return ticket and to use my Norwegian passport free 45 day visa instead. Fun part is when I entered Vietnam, I still used my Visa exemption document with out any issues at all.

I have filed a feedback complaint to China Airlines, I hope they will correct the misunderstanding and revert my return date to my original date and also issue the refund for the ticket change.

I traveled with many other airlines, this is the first time encountering this issue, and it was not pleasant at all. And the fact that Noami said this happens regularly with Saigon and not in Hanoi, is even more concerning, that this is normal when flying with China airlines, be aware. I would steer away from this airline and even pay a bit more if I had to, if this is the kind of service you will get with them.

I have also attached image of the entry exit stamps for you guys to have a look. Thread carefully.

Enjoy, and have a nice day!

Date of travel: February 2024
5  Thank bang101

Reviewed 8 February 2024

On February 2024, we waited in the China Airlines CHECK-IN queue to go from Taipei to Hong Kong. We participated in TISF (Taiwan International Science Fair) as a team of three people. Baggage allowance was 23 kg. One suitcase weighed 28 kilos, we had 4 suitcases and the total of 4 suitcases was not even 60 kilos. They said, "Open the big suitcase and divide it into light suitcases." In that crowded area, we put the suitcase on the ground and placed it inside other light suitcases. This is ridiculous, illogical and downright bullying. Apart from this, they did not take one of our suitcases, saying 'everyone has the right to one'. As a result, whether it is three suitcases or one suitcase, the load it will take will be the same kg. It was not nice that they left us in a difficult situation without even giving any reasonable reason and I will tell all my friends not to choose this airline, please do not choose this airline either.

Date of travel: February 2024
3  Thank S C
Reviewed 28 January 2024

We usually have a very difficult flight with our two young children ages 2 and 3 and we believe we have found the perfect way to fly. We took a red-eye flight and that is certainly the way to go. The staff was very pleasant and helpful and we had no troubles on this flight.

Date of travel: December 2023
1  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed 25 January 2024

Don't expect Premium Economy gave you business class service. Had a hard to flight long haul on economy class now. So decided to pay more to sit with Premium, about 2Xprice of economy class. The benefits is more luggage weight allowance, Priority boarding, less lightly to fight with the above the seat cabinet. Designated bathroom for Premium Economy, better meal than Economy class. Overall, it's not too bad, feel better can board on the plane faster, didn't need to fight for storage above the seat, the meals are good, didn't make me hungry during the flight. The seat is OK, the calf of the premium economy seat to me is useless. The seat on the front, the TV is mounted on the wall, but the screen is smaller, and less resolution than other seats which replaced with larger screen and higher picture resolution. Some of the seats USB charging port is defeated and there's nothing the flight attendant can be done to fix. The luggage handling didn't stated it has priority. One way, I can get my luggage come out very quick like the business class. Another time, it didn't same as other economy class. Overall I will take it again because hard to sit on economy class you have to pay more.

Date of travel: October 2023
1  Thank Dennis C
Reviewed 21 January 2024

Great flight in business class with China Airlines on the A350 from Brisbane, Australia to Auckland, New Zealand. The cabin was beautiful, peaceful and relaxing. The seat was extremely well designed, comfortable, practical and private. The food and beverages were divine. The crew were polite, friendly and professional who did a superb job providing the best customer service. The flight was smooth and easy so A+ to the pilots. I had a walk through the cabin and the premium economy and economy looks nice. This airline supersedes competitors on their routes. Overall I highly recommend China Airlines! I will be flying again. Look forward to returning!

Date of travel: December 2023
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.