“It is good enough for less tow hours local trip .”
Review of Cebu Pacific Air

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was cheap ticket, nothing special for commercial company in the poor far east country, some time you care about a time rather than a quality, clean aircraft and nice cabin crew despite a limited wight , it seems that an unequal trade (commercial) competition in air transportation aviation in a country where successive crises are brewing ! any how for my advice in 3rd world country shall you paid little more for whom you trust .. (Cebu - Boracay-Manila)

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank suliman a

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you want to experienced the worst travel experience ever, please feel free to try this airlines.
First they was re-scheduled our flight from jkt-mnl not in hours, but day !! TWO TIMES !!
And another perfect moment is they CXL our flight when we check in at the airport WITHOUT ANY NOTIFICATION because they've OVERBOOKED !!
Amazing !!!!!!
Don't you ever try this super terrible airlines !! EVER !!

2  Thank Adrian L
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just remind yourself that the flight is cheap for a reason. Customer service isn't outstanding, plane is nothing special and very basic and staff uniform looks like its from the $2 shop. By all means it wasn't a terrible experience, but next time I would pay a little more to fly an airline that offers more.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Mark A
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Got a promo deal from them for 3 seats 7 months ahead of the actual flight. After a few weeks i kept receiving emails that our flight got rescheduled. This kept happening until our flight got moved on to the next day of the original schedule which wont work for us since we will miss the other flight with another airline.

What i found out is that my original flight did not actually got canceled and it is still available for booking but only one seat is available at that time. So in my conclusion, our promo seats where sold to someone else who paid more for them than we did. That is why we got moved to another flight.

I might be wrong on these but beware. I dont trust them on seat sales. They will move you to another flight if the flight on sale gets higher demand. Never again with this airline

2  Thank John B
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Flight 5J240

0656 departure - 41 minutes late

Hong Kong bound - Be advised that there were typhoons going around the Macau - Hong Kong region for the past few days before this flight.

Hong Kong had officially suspended flights to Hong Kong international airport by 0600. My question is and still is why did we even take off?

As you can see by the flight plan we never even intended to go to Hong Kong instead we did circles above Manila. The flight was even longer than what it would've been if we actually flew to Hong Kong. After no warning we came in to land at what I thought was Hong Kong international airport but after a brief glance out the window I knew we were not in Hong Kong and then flashing by was this huge 'Welcome to the Philippines' sign then confusion set in.

We were told to remain seated and did so for 20 minutes when we then were told we had landed at Manila airport. The communication and customer care on board from the crew was exceptional given the circumstances. We were told we were not allowed to disembark at Manila, as some would've hoped to get a flight from Manila to Hong Kong which are more frequent, this did upset a few fellow American passengers. So after refuelling we then left Manila to return to Cebu. Complimentary water and soup was offered to all passengers.

We then had to line up for 2 hours plus to arrange our next flights which was the worst part, it took forever, however they did offer all passengers complimentary Jollibee, another tick.

I believe the airline was negligent for even departing in the first instance so I believe they should've covered accommodation, luckily for me I have an apartment to stay in when in Cebu. I left the airport after 2PM, 11 hours after I first arrived at the airport. It was a waste of time and a good waste of a day!

But also thank you to Cebu Pacific for looking after my luggage at the airport until my next flight, 12 hours later. Even though the locals had warned against doing this as things can go missing...

I flew that night to Manila and left early the next morning to Hong Kong with no problems at all. The only issue was poor communication at Manila airport as to how to get to the transfer desk and do we have to pick up our luggage, etc. Remembering I hadn't seen my luggage since 2PM the day before, it was now after 2AM and after the locals warned me about my luggage I was a little bit stressed as I left alot of money inside, I know right, silly me! I couldn't find anyone that could give me a definitive answer until I was ready to board when they had said my luggage was on board, a relief but still slightly concerned. However I am glad to say that after arriving in Hong Kong I can say that my luggage was there and everything was accounted for!

The other question is why Cebu Pacific check-in staff at Cebu asked to see my visa for Hong Kong? I said I am Australian and fly to Hong Kong regularly and we do not need a visa. He still insisted, I insisted no, I won.

Everything else was good but I keep asking that question as to why we even left in the first place when HK airport was closed.

I would fly with Cebu Pacific again! As someone who needs to fly regularly from Cebu to Hong Kong, that early direct flight option that Cebu Pacific have is perfect for me, providing there is no typhoons!

South Melbourne's (Australia) #1 International Reviewer