“Flight to Australia”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

I found the organisation of the flights fantastic. I was kept up to date. It was a very reasonable flight. They had an easy app to use. Easy to check in. Great service at the desks. However , on board I did not feel particularly well looked after. I was flying on my own with a four year old. We sat on the runway on a really hot plane and weren’t even offered a drink of water. The delay was outwith the control of the airline but they could have given more consideration to the economy flyers. Near the end of the flight my little boy was sick and it was a nightmare. The air hostesses, once we managed to get hold of someone, really did try to help including getting things from their own lockers but I would have expected the airline to be better prepared. Although I had wipes and a change of clothes I had not thought of bags to put anything in. Maybe I was just ill prepared and I certainly was better prepared for our journey home. But I had higher expectations.

Date of travel: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (38,776)

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

The flight attendant pushed against my seat when I was sleeping, repeatedly pushing to squueze another passengers oversized backpack which should never have been on the plane as a carry on into the luggage compartment. Not only did she disturb my sleep but I found my small bag with fragile contents which I had carefully placed next to the compartment wall was completely crushed by the backpack against the rear of the overhead compartment.
When I complained both the guilty flight attendant and the chief flight attendant (who I complained to when exiting the plane) took a passive aggressive unapologetic attitude and tried to make it appear I was somehow in the wrong. The chief flight attendant said”don’t shout at me” even though I was not even remotely speaking in a raised voice. If this is how British Airways treats its passengers I want no part of it.

Date of travel: August 2018
Reviewed 18 September 2018

BA left the luggage behind as there was a problem with the cargo door. They said they were moving the luggage to another part of the plane, however they left circa 400 bags behind - they managed to transport the ones held by firs class and business class passengers - how strange!

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Having moved to the South terminal you would have thought the experience would get better, dream on! We seem to land in far distant parts of the airfield and then suffer the coach journey to the appalling domestic area which looks like a third world shed. No suggestion this is going to get better.

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Travelling as four adults and two children (5yrs and 3yrs) the guy at the check in desk was so helpful and friendly. He made the start to our holiday very pleasant which I am grateful for. Our flight was on the A380 which is a lovely plane and we were upstairs as the seating plan suited our needs. Unfortunatley the flight attendant who looked after us was awful. Ok she had a cold (just what you need at the start of a holiday is someone spreading germs) but her manner was very abrupt and she did not have anything pleasant to say, definitley not a smile. Shame for the children who were very excited about the trip. As we were leaving the plane it was like a switch had been turned on and she was chatty and all smiles. Such a shame as she actually spoilt our experience with BA and we hoped the return trip would be better. Thank goodness the flight attendants were lovely and very pleasant. Shame the bad one stays in our mind when booking BA flight long haul.

Date of travel: July 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)