“Worst airport”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Flights were Edinburgh to Gatwick-Gatwick to reykjavik. My first flight was delayed making me late in catching the connection. Baggage claim told me at edinburgh that i would need to re check in my bag at Gatwick, Waited 10mins no bag. Used their phone and they checked,. " oh its on your connecting flight, but i doubt you will make it as it leaves in 10mins!" hung up ran to find where i was to go, information desk was no help at all. Sent me to a different desk who then sent me somewhere else. i ended up at security he actually showed me where to go. I had to jump on the shuttle train to the other side of the airport. Being in mind this is my first time at Gatwick!. Then eventually found where i was to go, got searched at security all because of a small button on my jeans. i JUST made my flight as it was delayed by 5mins. This airport isnt helpful at all. They need to be more clued up.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (37,856)

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Arrived for check in, a late evening flight, was advised to put as much into hold as I could (my hand luggage was standard size) at no extra cost as the flight was very full and I was carrying a large fresh cheesecake too (don’t ask). It was useful as one less thing to deal with, although I didn’t have a spare padlock. After security (who were interested in the cake with their coffee more than potential security issues with it) the seating area was tiny at the departure gate, no duty free shop or food service. I think we were expected to go right round to the other side of the air side lounge but there were no notices or information for this. Quite poor. Not enough seating. Inbound flight delayed as lack of seating exacerbated. When travelling alone I always take an aisle seat and board late-there was no overhead locker space anywhere so it was good advice at check in. Short flight (1hour) back to Lhr . Uneventful flight, £7 for gin and tonic, reasonable. Quite speedy through terminal and collect car.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

First visit and flight from T5, early morning shuttle to Hanover. Flight quite empty, most business people. Uneventful flight left on time and arrived on time. Plane was clean, serve speedy.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

There are a number of issues. Longhaul flight with no wifi (as of February, they only have three planes with wifi in their whole fleet). No food for purchase as an alternate to the crappy carb-loaded meals, however the BA flight from Copenhagen to London had M&S food and snacks for sale. I asked an attendant and she gave the impression that I was ignorant to how meals on planes worked. She said the food was free and I didn’t have to pay, and it would be coming, don’t worry. The flight attendants were plying people with wine, resulting in smelly drunk passengers making beelines for the lavatory. There were wine cups in the bathroom, bringing me to the last point. The staff never collected trash from the cabin so there were cups and detritus strewn all over the floor. I like to bring water on board and was stuck holding empty bottles for the duration of the flight. I asked an attendant if someone was collecting trash and she said someone would be by with a bag, but that never happened. If you’re flying Business or First, you probably would have no complaints but for Premium Economy, it was a crappy experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

I usually fly Emirates or Qatar, I made the mistake or giving BA a go. The on board service was awful. the cabin crew made it very clear that we passengers were a big inconvenience to them! The crew were rude,tired and not a bit interested in their job at all, the food service was poor and quality even worse, I was sorry I did not buy nice food in the airport and bring it with me on board. I will never fly BA long haul again, lesson learned!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Conor O