“Best Nonstop”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you are going to Europe from Austin, Tx. go nonstop to London. Connect to wherever else you need to go. We arrived in the morning made our connection to Amsterdam with plenty of time to unwind. Great flight. It also helps to fly business class.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (30,430)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were excited to fly the queen of the skies (Boeing 747) before it got retired sometime soon. It was pretty cool to fly on the upper deck of the aircraft, but outside of that, the experience was pretty average. Nothing fancy with regards to entertainment or food.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

No need to repeat our adverse comments in two previous reviews of BA Business class - it remains thee worst set-up we've experienced - but now add poor service: Flight attendants didn't seem to care, orders for food/drink given, but not received until I had get up and go to the service area (attendant call buttons either didn't work or we're ignored), then the totally inexcusable transfer process at Heathrow for physically challenged, complaints only bring a passing of the buck - BA blames BAA (Airports authority), BAA blames contractor, which is understaffed and has little supervision present; and finally being placed in economy seating on the 2nd leg despite paying for Business - no BA person available to explain or complain to - this is our most convenient routing on an annual trip,but KLM is becoming a potential competitor - check it out.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked our travel on the British Airways website but never received the standard email confirming our flights. I contacted their customer service department and was assured that the confirmation email would arrive shortly. The email never arrived and I had to call back to get the confirmation ID so I could see the booking online and in the mobile app. Then, our flight from Seattle was significantly delayed and American Airlines, who was operating the flights departing the US, changed our flights as we would have otherwise missed our connection in Dallas. Our new seating was not premium economy, which we paid for, but the staff noted that a refund would be issued for the difference in seating class. After returning home, I contacted American Airlines, who noted that British Airways would handle the refund, as the flights were booked on the British Airways website. After submitting a refund request to BA, I was informed that they had no "evidence that you paid for seating on your flight." When I sent them a credit card statement, along with the ticket ID and our flight itinerary, they again maintained that there was "no prepaid seating payment received for the flight" in question. I was under the impression that paying for a premium economy seat at the time of booking qualified as a payment for seating!! In summary, their record keeping seems very disorganized and based on this I do not feel comfortable spending that amount of money with them again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I are regular travellers and have used many different airlines. In my mind I had the perception that British Airways was a more premium option. My partner who competed in the Olympics was flown to and from PyeongChang with BA and said the service and aircraft were really good, so we were looking forward to our trip to Mauritius.

Unfortunately this kind of quality experience doesn't seem to be a standard across all BA flights.

Our main bitterness is with the lady who checked us in. We had arrived with more than 3 hours until our flight. But she was very dismissive and rude after discovering we hadn't checked in online. "Of course you won't be able to sit together now, you should have checked in 24hrs ago online". Not really the end of the world as we were still sitting adjacent from each other across the aisle. But we did enquire about how much it would cost to upgrade and sit together - "No you don't want to do that. Not worth it" - Very odd response for someone representing BA?

Then she sends one of our holdall bags through without attaching the ticket, and proceeds to accuse us of distracting her. We've got plenty of time until our flight departs and are in no big rush so we say we are happy just to wait until the bag gets located. I've experienced arriving abroad without luggage and is a real nuisance so just wanted to guarantee that my bag was going to the right place.

Then she faffs about on the phone, trying to call the baggage department for 15 minutes, tutting and complaining to her colleagues that she can't go on her break, and kept trying to demand that we just head off into the airport and to trust her that she will sort it all out.

The actual aircraft itself was very dated. TV screen quality wasn't great and lots of squeaking and creaking from chairs, overhead cabins etc... It was also incredibly cold during the night. I didn't have a blanket as I think the lady who was asleep next to me had it under her as well as her own, so I asked one of the staff whether I could have a spare and she said they were all allocated and I would just have to find a free one. I ended up having to try and wear my jacket like a sleeping bag.

There was also about 10 rows of 3 seats that were occupied by only 1 person. So assuming the checkin attendant was correct that there was no way we could sit together. 10 people must have bought 3 tickets each or 20-30 people scheduled to sit together didn't turn up? I know its fairly common that people don't show up for flights, but did seem an awful lot of free seats.

Our return journey from Mauritius to Gatwick was on a very busy and similar spec plane, but the people checking us in were much more friendly and approachable and made the experience much more bearable.

In the future, there is no way I would pay any extra to travel with BA. Infact I would probably try to avoid it if possible. I guess they just havn't kept up with the increase in competition and quality.

1  Thank Ian U