“Flying on American”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 29 September 2021

Just an average flight. Nothing out of the ordinary. I don’t think I would fly American unless I needed to,

Date of travel: July 2021
    • Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (73,409)

Reviewed 29 September 2021

You treat customers terribly when you should be accountable for your own wrong doing. Wish more people could see how you treat paying customers after an incident.

1  Thank turtlezeke
Reviewed 29 September 2021

American is going to make you pay! By charging prices that were raised during an oil crisis and never lowered, by making your flight something you must endure instead of enjoy, by priming people to behave badly by squeezing them in seats until they suffer crowed-rat syndrome, by lowering the benefits of the frequent flyer program until it's not worth using, by overworking and overwhelming their staff, and just by making you feel like you deserve some kind of punishment. At every turn, and in every instance, they are going to extract their pound of flesh.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 28 September 2021

BS Excuse Changing My Flight and No Refund
Changed my flight disrupting my entire trip to Aruba for our anniversary. Because they amended my my flight schedule by 3 hours instead of 4, they won't refund. Had to take another carrier. Here's the BS Lee Cole emailed me: September 18, 2021

Hello Mr. Searles:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that the schedule change for your flight to Aruba has caused disruptions in your travel plans. I appreciate the opportunity to review and address your concerns.

Mr. Searles, sometimes we have to make adjustments to our operation, and between the time you book and the day you are scheduled to depart, there may be changes. If we fail to operate or delays your arrival more than 4 hours, our sole obligation is to refund the remaining ticket value and any optional fees according to our involuntary refunds policy. Unfortunately, we must respectfully decline your request for a refund as the schedule change does not fall within our refund policy within the conditions of carriage. Please know that your ticket is valid from one year from the date of issuance for travel with us.

I would like to assure you that we take all of our customers' concerns and feedback seriously. The comments that you shared with me today will be made available to our leadership team for further review and will be used to refine and update our practices. We want our customer journey to be the best in the industry and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to drive change.

Mr. Searles, please know that although we must decline your request we value your loyalty as one of our AAdvantage® member since 2015. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you aboard an American flight soon. Take care.

Lee Cole
Customer Relations
American Airlines
AA Ref#1-30251236556

Date of travel: June 2021
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 28 September 2021

We are American Airline card holders. We paid for main cabin extra seats. They are small and if this is considered 6” extra leg room I cannot imagine the regular seats. The seats also were changed and no longer have screens and are very thin and hard. Never again will we fly American Airlines.

Date of travel: September 2021
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.