“Excellent Flight”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 28 September 2021

Terrific flight back from LHR - my first overseas trip since Covid started. AA staff on board extremely nice, thank you Kristen! Took great care of me and helped me to figure out all the extras in Business Class since I don't often get to fly in anything but economy. AA flight attendants tend to get a bad rap but they have been excellent on my flights to and from England in September. Very pleased indeed with the great flight and service on board. Also an excellent choice of movies, including some new releases. The flight attendants were on top of the mask situation but not overbearing and luckily everyone behaved themselves on my flight!

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (73,409)

hello here is my Experience:

I had originally booked and purchased the tickets online through American Airlines' website. I had placed clearly on the search options: 2 adults and one minor under 2 years old. the system made me confirm the above.

When I try to do the check in online. the system directed me to the counter since I was traveling with a minor.

At the counter in Miami. Myrna explained the minor needed a ticket and charged me $136.75 for a child that did not occupied a seat and was supposed to travel at no charge. Not only that but the counter charged an extra $45 as a "service fee" just because. $181.75 unexpected and definitely uncalled for.

If a child is support to pay taxes for trips abroad why no charge it at front? it waited until the very last minute to do do. a $45 for a service fee???? at the horrible service an attitude provided at the counter. made the whole experience and dealing with the counter even worse!

to top it up, upon returning the counter in Colombia made us pay an extra $47.19 for a checked bag that had the specifications as a carry on on American Airlines Website. The very same bag that has travelled as carry on on many flights, including Miami- Cartagena.

Overall the only bad experience of the entire holiday was the counter "service" at American Airlines going and coming back. and an extra $228.94. if this is the way American is trying to "recover" at the expense of losing passengers for life. It is a very bad strategy.

What American Airlines should do is to be very clear at what all the fees and taxes are involved from the get go, as opposed to last minute. The app and the system knew I was traveling with a minor under 2yrs but failed to inform me of the extra charges coming my way!

Reviewed 27 September 2021

My husband and I came out to NY for our wedding and brought our son with us. We booked our flight at the same time as our son and were told the seating option would be available at the airport: it wasn’t. We were all seated separately and decided to try and fix the problem at the gate. At the gate we were told the flight was totally full and the option for changing seats would be between us and our w passengers. This is UNACCEPTABLE. The ineptitude of this airline knows no bounds. Not only will we Never fly with this airline again, we will also be telling everyone we know [which is quite extensive] how rude and uncaring this airline is. Toxic people. Horrible to non-existent customer service. Take my advise: fly with ANYONE else. Just an FYI to anyone reading this who may be wondering if our situation is a one off, or maybe I’m a person who is unappeasable, know that this is the first negative review I’ve ever written.

1  Thank akT2433QA
Reviewed 27 September 2021

Flights cancelled all time, oversold ! If you don’t agree to join the “Volunteer Flight List” even if you have a confirmed check in boarding pass, they just move you around whenever date is open so what’s that list for ? Who can respond to that simple ?
What a circus …A Total SCAM.
Flights full, no open seats , Full body to body contact . FDA and all Gov Docs :
This Airline is the worst Covid incubator , mortal steel capsules . Seats worn down and filthy. People praying to not get a miiddle sandwich deadly seat.

Seems they didn’t need the taxpapeyers (We the People) to make it better. It’s more than obvious our money must be in shareowners pockets by now.

Your bad, Congress People giving out free money from our pockets to these filibusters that only insult and abuse naive everyday citizens who require a paid flight service. Shame on you All!!!

1  Thank LiliG307
Reviewed 27 September 2021

I had to book a ticket for work to fly to New Orleans for a jobsite issues. The day before I had to fly out Hurricane Ida hits and shuts down the city for a week.

This was the only time I could go on the flight and American is refusing to refund me my ticket!

Date of travel: August 2021
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.