“The price looks good at first.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 17 September 2021

I wasn't going to write a review because it looks like AA doesn't give a S*** about their customers, looking at all the bad reviews, but then decided, if I can get 1 customer to not fly AA, it would be worth it. The price of the flight looked good at first, then I had to pick seats. In order to get seats together, I paid an additional $100. We found out at the gate that our plane was delayed, which would have delayed the next flight, so we changed our flight and pay for seats together a 2nd time. Now I won't get a refund on the 1st seats I bought because they said I changed my tickets, it was not their fault. This is probably why AA is still in business, taking all this extra money from customers for seats. I would have left a negative review, but the employees were super nice.

Date of travel: August 2021
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (73,214)

Reviewed 16 September 2021

American Airlines has single handedly ruined traveling for me. One time our bags got lost and they returned them to us the next day soaking wet from being in the rain all night. I cannot remember the last time I have had a flight be remotely on time. American Airlines should cease to be an airline; their system is abominable. They don’t even deserve one star; I fly with them if it’s my last resort, and even then I regret it.

Reviewed 16 September 2021

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been delayed, shoved on to another flight that causes me to miss the entire event, spent a night in an airport, had more than a six hour layover. When things go right I’m cramped into a teeny seat, rubbing shoulders with my neighbor, bumping my knees against the seat in front of me, enduring less-than-welcoming attendants. I now hate travel, and I used to enjoy it. But the flying process is now torture.

Reviewed 16 September 2021

From how the employees treated my family and I, as if they couldn’t be bothered to actually try and assist us at all, giving away our flight to standby seats while we stood and watched because we weren’t early, yet they could make these people tickets but not accept ours. We were shocked. Customer service couldn’t care less, and to top it off, they lost my bag but refuse to contact me back anytime I speak with someone and request an update. This business is run so poorly at the customer’s expense. My company will never book American again.

1  Thank N9847PEbrittanym
Reviewed 16 September 2021

I fly AA as my home town Phx Airline since America West then US Airways now American Airlines. I usually fly Economy and then pay to upgrade to a Premium leg room seat. However, on recent flights from Phx to Mia to Gua and back I booked a series of First Class/Business Class flights and they were great! I typically take a red eye from Phx to Mia and have a layover in Mia. Having lounge access make the time fly by. My only regret is that I spend all my time in the lounge and missed out on a La Carreta meal. The board and flights are a delight not having the tension of waiting and getting to your seat. I am not a big eater or drinker but its nice to be asked if there is anything the FA can get you. The two things that make air travel acceptable for me are noise canceling headphones and seats with width and leg room. Add the airport lounge and not having to check to see if the restroom is open is that much better!

Date of travel: May 2021
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.